SPAIN’S property market has been ranked the fourth most rewarding investment opportunity in the world.
In the new 2018 ranking by Afire, the holiday hotspot moved from sixth in the ranking last year to fourth, leapfrogging the UK, who moved down from third last year to fifth.
With 30% of respondents’ votes, the US remains the country most likely to make you money on your property investment.
Brazil took second place with just under 25% of the votes, followed by China with just over 10%.
The UK fared better than Spain when it came to ranking countries who provided the most stable environment for investment.
With 58% of respondents’ votes, the US remains the country considered the most stable for real estate.
Germany again took second place with 20% of the votes, and Canada remained in third place with 12%.
The UK moved into fourth from fifth, while Australia fell from fourth to fifth.
London, meanwhile, shot to the chop of the charts when ranking the best global cities for property investment.
It was followed by New York, Berlin, Los Angeles and Frankfurt.
AFIRE members are among the largest international institutional real estate investors in the world and have an estimated $2 trillion or more in real estate assets under management globally.
The 26th annual survey was conducted in the fourth quarter of 2017 by the James A. Graaskamp Center for Real Estate, Wisconsin School of Business.
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26
- BREAKING: Barack Obama will be in Marbella TOMORROW for secret meeting at luxury hotel - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:50
- IN PICS: Game of Thrones stars party it up in Spain’s Benidorm for Sophie Turner’s hen do ahead of ‘official’ marriage to Joe Jonas - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:20
- Gibraltar police fuming after rumours ‘falsely claim’ drunk off duty officer started late night brawl at Pig & Whistle pub - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:45
- How a gang sold more than €1.5 million of drugs EVERY WEEK with the help of a Breaking Bad-style family in Cadiz – and how they spent it on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:13
- Homes sealed off after explosion shatters windows more than 50 metres away on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 11:35