SPAIN’S property market has been ranked the fourth most rewarding investment opportunity in the world.
In the new 2018 ranking by Afire, the holiday hotspot moved from sixth in the ranking last year to fourth, leapfrogging the UK, who moved down from third last year to fifth.
With 30% of respondents’ votes, the US remains the country most likely to make you money on your property investment.
Brazil took second place with just under 25% of the votes, followed by China with just over 10%.
The UK fared better than Spain when it came to ranking countries who provided the most stable environment for investment.
With 58% of respondents’ votes, the US remains the country considered the most stable for real estate.
Germany again took second place with 20% of the votes, and Canada remained in third place with 12%.
The UK moved into fourth from fifth, while Australia fell from fourth to fifth.
London, meanwhile, shot to the chop of the charts when ranking the best global cities for property investment.
It was followed by New York, Berlin, Los Angeles and Frankfurt.
AFIRE members are among the largest international institutional real estate investors in the world and have an estimated $2 trillion or more in real estate assets under management globally.
The 26th annual survey was conducted in the fourth quarter of 2017 by the James A. Graaskamp Center for Real Estate, Wisconsin School of Business.
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52