TWO men drowned off of the coast of Tenerife on Saturday afternoon following a failed rescue attempt.
Emergency services were called at around 1.40pm to La Charca de La Laja in San Juan de la Rambla after reports of a person in the sea.
The victims, believed to be Litunanian, died at the scene with another man, 36, and woman, 37, taken to hospital for emergency treatment.
This comes after weather warnings were issued across the archipelago for bad weather, including high winds and rough seas.
- LOCA FOR LOCAL: Fantastic wines can be found in Malaga and Andalucia - 27 May, 2018 @ 11:19
- King of Reggaeton J Balvin coming to Spain’s Costa del Sol - 19 May, 2018 @ 09:39
- More than 7.5 TONNES of hashish seized after Manilva-Estepona smuggling operation busted - 18 May, 2018 @ 15:40
- Spanish student auctioning her virginity has already been offered €250k - 18 May, 2018 @ 14:42
- COMPETITION ALERT: Win return flights to UK with Jet2 - 17 May, 2018 @ 16:18
- Come fly with me – new routes launched from UK to Spain - 16 May, 2018 @ 16:10
- Six towns on the Costa del Sol set to get a boost from European grants - 16 May, 2018 @ 15:35
- Spanish museum set to show controversial exhibition that was cancelled in New York following protests - 13 May, 2018 @ 15:00
- WINE TIME: Cocktails to enjoy in the sunshine (finally!) - 12 May, 2018 @ 14:14
- New TV series based on Spanish Civil War whips up Twitter storm - 12 May, 2018 @ 14:00