AN appeal has been launched to get a much-loved expat life-saving cancer treatment.
Louise Metherell, 51, from Portsmouth, was diagnosed with multiple myeloma at Christmas and needs specialist treatment to give her the best fighting chance.
Her son wrote on the GoFundMe page: “We need to raise money urgently.
“This will give my mum the chance to then have a transplant and save her life. If you can spare anything to help us please please donate and share. Thank you.”
Louise has lived on the Costa del Sol for three years and is described as ‘selfless’ and a ‘true friend’ by fellow expats.
Bar owner Jorge Garcia Vara told the Olive Press: “Louise is one of the most incredibly selfless people you will ever meet.
“She’s a huge supporter of local businesses and goes out of her way to take friends to try new places.
“She has so much she wants to do with and for her son. I’ve never met someone who doesn’t sing her praises when you mention her name. She really doesn’t deserve this but she is tough enough to beat it with the support and love of her friends and family…. And of course a little financial support for things which are not covered on her own insurance.
“Wheel chair hire for example is something she would have to fund herself, taxis to and from the hospital, prescriptions etc and without the added stress of these things she can focus on getting herself better.”
You can donate to Louise’s cause here: https://www.gofundme.com/vup2fy-my-mums-cancer-treatment-fund
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26
- BREAKING: Barack Obama will be in Marbella TOMORROW for secret meeting at luxury hotel - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:50
- IN PICS: Game of Thrones stars party it up in Spain’s Benidorm for Sophie Turner’s hen do ahead of ‘official’ marriage to Joe Jonas - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:20
- Gibraltar police fuming after rumours ‘falsely claim’ drunk off duty officer started late night brawl at Pig & Whistle pub - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:45
- How a gang sold more than €1.5 million of drugs EVERY WEEK with the help of a Breaking Bad-style family in Cadiz – and how they spent it on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:13