A TEENAGER has stabbed his mother after she refused to reconnect the wifi.
The 14-year-old has been sent to a rehabilitation centre for six months following the attack in his Granada home.
The judge in the case said he is likely addicted to his games console, which he said was a ‘worrying trend’ in today’s younger generations.
The youth became furious when the wifi in his home disconnected.
He asked his mother to fix it but she reufsed, telling him he spent too much time to playing games online.
The boy ‘lost it’ and picked up a blade and attacked his mother.
Although he showed remorse and realised he had done wrong, the prosecutors said he needed therapeutic treatment.
The courts in Granada have seen a growing trend in violence related to online gaming.
A couple of years ago another minor beat his blind mother and broke her nose for taking away her computer, after three months of practically no sleep hooked to a network game.
- British girl, 9, dies on Spain’s Costa del Sol ‘after eating ice cream’ - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 09:03
- WATCH: ANOTHER Marbella chiringuito burned to the ground - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 16:47
- BREXIT UPDATE: Spain offers further assurances to British expats after meeting with campaigners - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:21
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18