A TEENAGER has stabbed his mother after she refused to reconnect the wifi.
The 14-year-old has been sent to a rehabilitation centre for six months following the attack in his Granada home.
The judge in the case said he is likely addicted to his games console, which he said was a ‘worrying trend’ in today’s younger generations.
The youth became furious when the wifi in his home disconnected.
He asked his mother to fix it but she reufsed, telling him he spent too much time to playing games online.
The boy ‘lost it’ and picked up a blade and attacked his mother.
Although he showed remorse and realised he had done wrong, the prosecutors said he needed therapeutic treatment.
The courts in Granada have seen a growing trend in violence related to online gaming.
A couple of years ago another minor beat his blind mother and broke her nose for taking away her computer, after three months of practically no sleep hooked to a network game.
- One hospitalised as roaring chemical plant fire in San Roque is brought under control - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 20:27
- Gibraltar says ‘no cause for concern’ as toxic smoke from San Roque chemical fire unlikely to affect British territory - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:55
- Firefighters near San Roque chemical fire warn of toxic smoke as Gibraltar government advises residents to CLOSE WINDOWS and doors - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:35
- WATCH: Homes evacuated as huge chemical fire ‘covers cars in ash’ and ‘turns sky dark’ near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:59
- IN VIDEOS: HUGE mushroom cloud of toxic black smoke as fire BLAZES at chemical plant near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:16
- BREAKING: Incident at San Roque oil refinery as flames and smoke billow from plant - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:54
- PLEASE SHARE: British teen launches last-ditch appeal to find dad who vanished from Spain’s Costa Blanca almost 10 years ago - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:34
- Shots fired at mosque in Spain - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:37
- BLUFFING MUFFINS: WARNING as batches of ‘fake gluten and dairy free’ magdalenas across Spain at risk of causing widespread allergic reactions - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:27
- IN PICS: Saudi tycoon’s HUGE €200 million yacht arrives on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 13:59