AN investigation has been launched after U2’s two concerts in Spain sold out within minutes.
Tickets for shows at the 16,000 capacity WiZink centre in Madrid were gone within minutes of sale.
Culture Minister Inigo Mendez de Vigo said he has asked cops to investigate.
“It is not normal that a few minutes after tickets go on sale they are all gone,” he said.
Police have suggested the tickets may been bought by automated ‘scalping’ software robots.
Bots buy tickets en masse, then resell them at much higher prices once there are no more to buy directly from the organisers.
Tickets have already surfaced for the September 20 and 21 U2 gigs at a staggering €500 – they had been €35 euros and €195.
It comes after a special commission was set up in Spain in 2017 to help tackle scalping software.
- 7 times town halls in Spain had us screaming ‘what were they thinking?’ - 19 May, 2019 @ 16:21
- Left-wing government could spell trouble for property investors - 19 May, 2019 @ 09:59
- GUILTY: Westley Capper and Craig Porter verdict in but ‘both will AVOID JAIL’ over Agnese Klavina disappearance, Capper to appeal - 17 May, 2019 @ 19:48
- IN PICS: The jobs of the past in Spain made (almost) obsolete by modern life - 17 May, 2019 @ 14:16
- REVEALED: The 5 towns in Malaga set to receive FREE public wifi thanks to EU initiative - 16 May, 2019 @ 14:24
- WATCH: Afilador plies his trade on Costa del Sol as one of the last to practice long-held Spanish tradition - 16 May, 2019 @ 12:40
- FLAG-RANT: Fabian Picardo steps in after American cruise ship infuriates Gibraltar with ‘Welcome to Gibraltor’ message printed on Spanish flag - 16 May, 2019 @ 11:09
- WATCH: Dramatic rescue after two ‘narco boats’ collide off Spain’s Costa del Sol - 15 May, 2019 @ 15:29
- Mystery as expat and two Lithuanians found in busted van carrying €1 MILLION CASH en route to Malaga – but NONE of them claim ownership - 15 May, 2019 @ 12:31
- ‘SOMEONE MUST KNOW’: Grandmother of missing British lad who vanished with his father from Spain’s Costa del Sol makes heartfelt appeal - 15 May, 2019 @ 10:45