POLICE in Spain are investigating the alleged gang rape of a 9-year-old boy by a group of older students at a school in Andalucia.
Four students, aged between 12 and 14, are alleged to have assaulted the boy during school hours in Jiennese, Jaen.
Education ministerr Sonia Gaya has said the four accused have been expelled as a precautionary measure.
She added that ‘if it is shown that the assault took place in the center during school hours, measures will be taken’.
The accusations emerged after doctors who treated the child in San Juan de la Cruz hospital in Úbeda detected injuries that could have occurred as a result of sexual assault.
Staff at the hospital alerted the Prosecutor’s Office and the Polica Nacional.
The victim pointed to two schoolmates as perpetrators of the attack and also said that he had been subjected to other previous abuses.
He said he had not told his family because he had been threatened by his assailants.
The investigation continues.
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27