TWO Spanish policemen have been injured after their car was purposefully smashed into to intercept a high-speed chase.
The Guardia Civil agents were chasing a car allegedly filled with drugs in La Linea de la Concepcion when a ‘hitman’ rammed into their car.
The police body said it was ‘like a scene from Narcos’, the hit Netflix series chronicling the life of notorious drug baron Pablo Escobar.
“A car driven by a hitman drove head on into the police car,” it added.
The suspected vehicle was able to get away while the ‘hitman’ was arrested.
It came within 24 hours of when 20 masked men successfully stormed a La Linea hospital to rescue their ‘drug boss’ from the hands of the police.
Police said the two events show that ‘the drug lords continue to make the Gibraltar campo their lawless city.’
“The Ministry of the Interior are doing nothing to solve the root problem, only patching the situation to comply with public opinion,” the Guardia Civil added.
It added that it has been ‘denouncing the situation of abandonment of the Guardia Civil and Policia Nacional in the fight against dangerous criminals who do not mind putting their lives in danger and that of the agents if they manage to save their drug load.’
- HAMMING IT UP: Andalucia’s award-winning jamon stars at Oscars after-party - 23 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- Woody Allen to film new project across Spain after securing financing from Spanish company despite sexual abuse allegations which saw him dumped by Amazon - 22 Feb, 2019 @ 11:28
- WATCH: Two elderly women caught on camera stealing outdoor furniture from British expat’s bar in Mallorca as police drive by - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 17:46
- FREAK FEBRUARY: ‘Anti-cyclone’ scorcher to see temperatures soar to 28C in Spain’s Andalucia this weekend - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 11:06
- British girl, 9, dies on Spain’s Costa del Sol ‘after eating ice cream’ - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 09:03
- WATCH: ANOTHER Marbella chiringuito burned to the ground - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 16:47
- BREXIT UPDATE: Spain offers further assurances to British expats after meeting with campaigners - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:21
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33