TWO Spanish policemen have been injured after their car was purposefully smashed into to intercept a high-speed chase.
The Guardia Civil agents were chasing a car allegedly filled with drugs in La Linea de la Concepcion when a ‘hitman’ rammed into their car.
The police body said it was ‘like a scene from Narcos’, the hit Netflix series chronicling the life of notorious drug baron Pablo Escobar.
“A car driven by a hitman drove head on into the police car,” it added.
The suspected vehicle was able to get away while the ‘hitman’ was arrested.
It came within 24 hours of when 20 masked men successfully stormed a La Linea hospital to rescue their ‘drug boss’ from the hands of the police.
Police said the two events show that ‘the drug lords continue to make the Gibraltar campo their lawless city.’
“The Ministry of the Interior are doing nothing to solve the root problem, only patching the situation to comply with public opinion,” the Guardia Civil added.
It added that it has been ‘denouncing the situation of abandonment of the Guardia Civil and Policia Nacional in the fight against dangerous criminals who do not mind putting their lives in danger and that of the agents if they manage to save their drug load.’
- WARNING: Multi-day heatwaves and life threatening temperatures coming to Spain this summer - 22 May, 2019 @ 16:25
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER: Dozens of expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections in Spain’s Andalucia - 22 May, 2019 @ 13:12
- HAY FEVER EPIDEMIC: Expert reveals why your allergies seem much worse in Spain this year - 22 May, 2019 @ 12:47
- Liverpool FC brings extreme security measures to Marbella football training ground ahead of Champions League final - 22 May, 2019 @ 10:35
- MISSING: British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, disappears on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:25
- British expat arrested for starting forest fire on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 May, 2019 @ 21:15
- Top British rugby player fighting for his life after falling from major Spain airport car park - 20 May, 2019 @ 16:54
- British expat benefits cheat who stole more than €90,000 from UK coffers while living on Spain’s Costa del Sol given 900 YEARS to pay back debt - 20 May, 2019 @ 10:56
- 7 times town halls in Spain had us screaming ‘what were they thinking?’ - 19 May, 2019 @ 16:21
- Left-wing government could spell trouble for property investors - 19 May, 2019 @ 09:59