TWO Spanish policemen have been injured after their car was purposefully smashed into to intercept a high-speed chase.
The Guardia Civil agents were chasing a car allegedly filled with drugs in La Linea de la Concepcion when a ‘hitman’ rammed into their car.
The police body said it was ‘like a scene from Narcos’, the hit Netflix series chronicling the life of notorious drug baron Pablo Escobar.
“A car driven by a hitman drove head on into the police car,” it added.
The suspected vehicle was able to get away while the ‘hitman’ was arrested.
It came within 24 hours of when 20 masked men successfully stormed a La Linea hospital to rescue their ‘drug boss’ from the hands of the police.
Police said the two events show that ‘the drug lords continue to make the Gibraltar campo their lawless city.’
“The Ministry of the Interior are doing nothing to solve the root problem, only patching the situation to comply with public opinion,” the Guardia Civil added.
It added that it has been ‘denouncing the situation of abandonment of the Guardia Civil and Policia Nacional in the fight against dangerous criminals who do not mind putting their lives in danger and that of the agents if they manage to save their drug load.’
- Marbella has never lost its charm – in fact it’s only getting better, writes Laurence Dollimore - 26 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- IN PICS: New Gibraltar property development to rival London’s Mayfair - 24 May, 2019 @ 09:52
- Agnese Klavina’s family to take case to Supreme Court after ‘shock verdict’ sees Marbella based Brits accused of kidnap ‘walk free’ on lesser charge - 23 May, 2019 @ 13:38
- REVEALED: Majority of Andalucia’s El Corte Ingles stores in the red while Marbella and Malaga the ONLY Costa del Sol outlets to return a profit - 23 May, 2019 @ 11:07
- BUSTED: €600 million empire which trafficked drugs into the UK and laundered money into Spain’s property market - 22 May, 2019 @ 18:38
- British most obsessed with doggy-style while Spain loves ‘cuckolding’, as new study reveals world’s sexual preferences - 22 May, 2019 @ 17:36
- WARNING: Multi-day heatwaves and life threatening temperatures coming to Spain this summer - 22 May, 2019 @ 16:25
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER: Dozens of expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections in Spain’s Andalucia - 22 May, 2019 @ 13:12
- HAY FEVER EPIDEMIC: Expert reveals why your allergies seem much worse in Spain this year - 22 May, 2019 @ 12:47
- Liverpool FC brings extreme security measures to Marbella football training ground ahead of Champions League final - 22 May, 2019 @ 10:35