A 10-YEAR-OLD girl has died from suspected meningitis in Andalucia.
The young girl died at the SAS hospital in Jerez, Cadiz, and if confirmed, she will be the second child to die from the disease in Andalucia in a month.
A three-year-old baby died from meningitis in Malaga in January.
Health authorities are currently waiting for results to confirm meningitis killed the girl yesterday.
The sanitary protocol defined for these cases was immediately activated.
Health professionals already have the list of those who were in direct contact with the minor.
They have ensured it is an ‘isolated’ case.
- Marbella has never lost its charm – in fact it’s only getting better, writes Laurence Dollimore - 26 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- IN PICS: New Gibraltar property development to rival London’s Mayfair - 24 May, 2019 @ 09:52
- Agnese Klavina’s family to take case to Supreme Court after ‘shock verdict’ sees Marbella based Brits accused of kidnap ‘walk free’ on lesser charge - 23 May, 2019 @ 13:38
- REVEALED: Majority of Andalucia’s El Corte Ingles stores in the red while Marbella and Malaga the ONLY Costa del Sol outlets to return a profit - 23 May, 2019 @ 11:07
- BUSTED: €600 million empire which trafficked drugs into the UK and laundered money into Spain’s property market - 22 May, 2019 @ 18:38
- British most obsessed with doggy-style while Spain loves ‘cuckolding’, as new study reveals world’s sexual preferences - 22 May, 2019 @ 17:36
- WARNING: Multi-day heatwaves and life threatening temperatures coming to Spain this summer - 22 May, 2019 @ 16:25
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER: Dozens of expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections in Spain’s Andalucia - 22 May, 2019 @ 13:12
- HAY FEVER EPIDEMIC: Expert reveals why your allergies seem much worse in Spain this year - 22 May, 2019 @ 12:47
- Liverpool FC brings extreme security measures to Marbella football training ground ahead of Champions League final - 22 May, 2019 @ 10:35