A HUGE 3.5 tonne cocaine haul discovered on the Costa del Sol could easily exceed €120 million in value, Spanish cops have said.
The mammoth haul was found hidden in salt in a home and a warehouse in Estepona.
The stash is believed to be linked to the network of huge alleged drug boss Sito Miñanco, who was arrested in Algeciras last week.
The find is the biggest ever in Malaga and one of the biggest ever on Spanish soil.
Five people have been arrested but this could increase as investigations continue.
Officers estimate the cocaine found has a street value of just over €120 million.
Just over two tonnes were found in a house next to the luxury H10 Estepona Palace hotel in Estepona.
The rest was in an industrial warehouse nearby.
The cocaine was in hidden packages inside bags containing salt.
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20