It has also cancelled all flights from Cork, Kerry and East Midlands airports.
As Storm Emma moves to the UK and Ireland, more than 50 flights from Dublin Airport have also been cancelled.
A statement from the airline reads: “Due to continuing adverse weather conditions, Ryanair expects further flight delays and cancellations at airports today and tomorrow (Thursday 1 and Friday March 2).
“We recommend customers check the status of their flight at Ryanair.com before making their way to the airport.
“We are doing everything we can to re-accommodate customers and we apologise for any inconvenience caused by these disruptions which are entirely outside of our control.”
More than 360 flights had to be cancelled across the UK from a range of airlines including British Airways, Virgin Atlantic and Lufthansa.
Edinburgh airport tweeted: “Edinburgh Airport will close fully from 6pm this evening. Airlines that are still planning to run operations in advance of that closure are: Lufthansa, Jet2, Qatar, Brussels, Etihad and Loganair.
“We ask that all other passengers DO NOT come to the airport. All passengers should check with their airline before travelling to the airport.
“We believe that closure at 6pm gives us the best opportunity to prepare for tomorrow, when we are expecting further disruption.
“We are working closely with Marketing Edinburgh and the city’s hoteliers to find accommodation for any stranded passengers.”
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40