It has also cancelled all flights from Cork, Kerry and East Midlands airports.
As Storm Emma moves to the UK and Ireland, more than 50 flights from Dublin Airport have also been cancelled.
A statement from the airline reads: “Due to continuing adverse weather conditions, Ryanair expects further flight delays and cancellations at airports today and tomorrow (Thursday 1 and Friday March 2).
“We recommend customers check the status of their flight at Ryanair.com before making their way to the airport.
“We are doing everything we can to re-accommodate customers and we apologise for any inconvenience caused by these disruptions which are entirely outside of our control.”
More than 360 flights had to be cancelled across the UK from a range of airlines including British Airways, Virgin Atlantic and Lufthansa.
Edinburgh airport tweeted: “Edinburgh Airport will close fully from 6pm this evening. Airlines that are still planning to run operations in advance of that closure are: Lufthansa, Jet2, Qatar, Brussels, Etihad and Loganair.
“We ask that all other passengers DO NOT come to the airport. All passengers should check with their airline before travelling to the airport.
“We believe that closure at 6pm gives us the best opportunity to prepare for tomorrow, when we are expecting further disruption.
“We are working closely with Marketing Edinburgh and the city’s hoteliers to find accommodation for any stranded passengers.”
- HAMMING IT UP: Andalucia’s award-winning jamon stars at Oscars after-party - 23 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- Woody Allen to film new project across Spain after securing financing from Spanish company despite sexual abuse allegations which saw him dumped by Amazon - 22 Feb, 2019 @ 11:28
- WATCH: Two elderly women caught on camera stealing outdoor furniture from British expat’s bar in Mallorca as police drive by - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 17:46
- FREAK FEBRUARY: ‘Anti-cyclone’ scorcher to see temperatures soar to 28C in Spain’s Andalucia this weekend - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 11:06
- British girl, 9, dies on Spain’s Costa del Sol ‘after eating ice cream’ - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 09:03
- WATCH: ANOTHER Marbella chiringuito burned to the ground - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 16:47
- BREXIT UPDATE: Spain offers further assurances to British expats after meeting with campaigners - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:21
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33