Churning with energy, Madrid is a highly popular place for those seeking a budget city break – and we can see why. With so many wonderful things to do, see and explore, the bustling city offers what many other cities struggle to offer: an exciting adventure. With good year-round weather, the best tapas and lively nightlife, the only thing stopping you is your budget. Luckily for you, embarking on the holiday of a lifetime to Madrid doesn’t have to cost a fortune, and while easy payday loans can help you in a financial emergency, there are several things you can do on a budget city break in Madrid. Here we’re taking a closer look at some of the very best.
Rent A Bike
Going abroad doesn’t necessarily mean you have to hang up your gym wear. Renting a bike is a great way to explore the city on two wheels, including the places you are unable to travel to via public transport or car – and you’re getting the exercise you need! Admiring the gracious buildings has never been so straightforward, or affordable! The BiciMAD bicycle hire scheme for one is a fantastic way to explore Madrid on a budget, and can be found at stands across the city. Even though you will be required to leave a refundable card deposit when you register, at just €2 you can visit some of Madrid’s finest attractions for less.
San Anton Rooftop Bar
There’s nothing we love more than a rooftop bar, and luckily for you, you can enjoy cocktails and snacks at San Anton Rooftop bar for less. With so many bargainous drinks prices, you can enjoy luxurious and exotic cocktails above the city. Serving up a chilled glass of wine from just €2.75, San Anton Rooftop Bar is the perfect place for friends and couples to visit. Even though the views might not be the best, you certainly won’t be disappointed with the generous prices on offer at San Anton Rooftop Bar!
Admire The Skyline
If you’re looking for a view, and a breath-taking one at that, you can admire the magnificent skyline at Azotea rooftop. For just €4 a person, you will be able to access its 360o panoramic views of the city that have attracted visitors from across the globe. Even though the bar and restaurant are slightly pricier, the inexpensive entrance fee means that you don’t have to buy a cocktail to take the perfect Instagram snap (unless you want to, of course). For €1 more, you will receive a combined ticket that allows access to the 5 floors of exhibitions.
Take Advantage Of Free Museums
Ah, museums. Some people love them, some people hate them. If you’re a lover of aimlessly wandering around a palace or a hall full of contemporary art, Madrid has got you covered. Many of the city’s best museums and galleries offer free admission to holders of an EU passport at certain times of the week, enabling you to enjoy the grand classics others have to pay to see. In order to find out free-to-visit hours across Madrid, check with the individual museum that has caught your eye.
Even though visiting a city as widespread as Madrid, and seeing and doing all it has to offer sounds expensive, experiencing the best local sights for yourself doesn’t have to be. By taking these things into consideration when arranging a budget city break to Madrid, you can rest assured that you can fill your pockets with tapas, and not empty them of pennies!
- Out of this world: ‘Green Spaceship’ to dock in Madrid - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:24
- After a five-year period of sustained growth, there is a change in the air in Marbella, reports Diana Morales Properties - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- Rule-breaking Madrid design firm gives grunge office block some colour therapy - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 18:52
- The latest mega-development for Gibraltar has all the signs of being a big hit with investors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:43
- Madrid architects take centre stage with their dramatic conversion of a historic playhouse - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:25
- BBQ King: Ingenious pellet stove barbecues are a dream come true for cooking outdoors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:09
- Famous British businessman and Premier League football star flock to new Benahavis development - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:08
- Barcelona Unesco treasure hosts Scottish cancer charity’s first care centre on the continent - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:47
- Amazing conversion: how to bring a beautiful old abandoned 18th century townhouse back to life - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:40
- 5 Ideas of Having Fun in Internet - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 09:23