Churning with energy, Madrid is a highly popular place for those seeking a budget city break – and we can see why. With so many wonderful things to do, see and explore, the bustling city offers what many other cities struggle to offer: an exciting adventure. With good year-round weather, the best tapas and lively nightlife, the only thing stopping you is your budget. Luckily for you, embarking on the holiday of a lifetime to Madrid doesn’t have to cost a fortune, and while easy payday loans can help you in a financial emergency, there are several things you can do on a budget city break in Madrid. Here we’re taking a closer look at some of the very best.
Rent A Bike
Going abroad doesn’t necessarily mean you have to hang up your gym wear. Renting a bike is a great way to explore the city on two wheels, including the places you are unable to travel to via public transport or car – and you’re getting the exercise you need! Admiring the gracious buildings has never been so straightforward, or affordable! The BiciMAD bicycle hire scheme for one is a fantastic way to explore Madrid on a budget, and can be found at stands across the city. Even though you will be required to leave a refundable card deposit when you register, at just €2 you can visit some of Madrid’s finest attractions for less.
San Anton Rooftop Bar
There’s nothing we love more than a rooftop bar, and luckily for you, you can enjoy cocktails and snacks at San Anton Rooftop bar for less. With so many bargainous drinks prices, you can enjoy luxurious and exotic cocktails above the city. Serving up a chilled glass of wine from just €2.75, San Anton Rooftop Bar is the perfect place for friends and couples to visit. Even though the views might not be the best, you certainly won’t be disappointed with the generous prices on offer at San Anton Rooftop Bar!
Admire The Skyline
If you’re looking for a view, and a breath-taking one at that, you can admire the magnificent skyline at Azotea rooftop. For just €4 a person, you will be able to access its 360o panoramic views of the city that have attracted visitors from across the globe. Even though the bar and restaurant are slightly pricier, the inexpensive entrance fee means that you don’t have to buy a cocktail to take the perfect Instagram snap (unless you want to, of course). For €1 more, you will receive a combined ticket that allows access to the 5 floors of exhibitions.
Take Advantage Of Free Museums
Ah, museums. Some people love them, some people hate them. If you’re a lover of aimlessly wandering around a palace or a hall full of contemporary art, Madrid has got you covered. Many of the city’s best museums and galleries offer free admission to holders of an EU passport at certain times of the week, enabling you to enjoy the grand classics others have to pay to see. In order to find out free-to-visit hours across Madrid, check with the individual museum that has caught your eye.
Even though visiting a city as widespread as Madrid, and seeing and doing all it has to offer sounds expensive, experiencing the best local sights for yourself doesn’t have to be. By taking these things into consideration when arranging a budget city break to Madrid, you can rest assured that you can fill your pockets with tapas, and not empty them of pennies!
- Caught live: Massive winner from UK’s most relevant band of the last few decades - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 20:42
- 11 new villages make it onto Spain’s ‘most beautiful’ list - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:40
- FAB FRESCOS: Spain has some of the best, but how many do you recognise? - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 10:51
- Maldonado’s Mijas is like nowhere else says Bill Anderson as just five are running the town council - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Benabola Hotel in Marbella gets a revamped roof terrace ready for the summer season - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- EXPANSION: Pole position as long-running expat agent opens fifth office in central Marbella - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:31
- Using Cryptocurrency as a Major Mode of Payment - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 07:58
- WATCH: Dramatic six-car pile-up blocks Marbella tunnel as Guardia Civil on scene - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:58
- Mallorca finca featured in New York Times - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:21
- World Trade Center Gibraltar celebrates two years of thriving international business - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 09:45