SPANISH women are being urged to make a stand and strike, to mark International Women’s day on March 8.
In a bid to show that ‘if we stop, the world stops’ women are encouraged to abandon work and other duties such as household chores.
The walkout is supported by the Feminist groups behind the 8M Commission, as well as the Madrid and Barcelona mayors Manuela Carmena and Ada Colau, who have both said they will take part in the strike action.
It is designed to highlight lower pay conditions, women earn on average 14% less than men, and the fact that women do more unpaid work.
Participants are advised that they need to legally inform their employers in advance and should expect to be docked a day’s pay.
Event address and times can be found at http://www.feministas.org/
- LOCA FOR LOCAL: Fantastic wines can be found in Malaga and Andalucia - 27 May, 2018 @ 11:19
- King of Reggaeton J Balvin coming to Spain’s Costa del Sol - 19 May, 2018 @ 09:39
- More than 7.5 TONNES of hashish seized after Manilva-Estepona smuggling operation busted - 18 May, 2018 @ 15:40
- Spanish student auctioning her virginity has already been offered €250k - 18 May, 2018 @ 14:42
- COMPETITION ALERT: Win return flights to UK with Jet2 - 17 May, 2018 @ 16:18
- Come fly with me – new routes launched from UK to Spain - 16 May, 2018 @ 16:10
- Six towns on the Costa del Sol set to get a boost from European grants - 16 May, 2018 @ 15:35
- Spanish museum set to show controversial exhibition that was cancelled in New York following protests - 13 May, 2018 @ 15:00
- WINE TIME: Cocktails to enjoy in the sunshine (finally!) - 12 May, 2018 @ 14:14
- New TV series based on Spanish Civil War whips up Twitter storm - 12 May, 2018 @ 14:00