Propaganda group Muharir al-Ansar shared a poster online calling for followers to carry out jihad.
The image shows the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona and said those without weapons should use a vehicle or knife.
It reads: “If you don’t have a weapon, you have a truck or knife.”
It comes seven months after the shocking attacks in Barcelona saw 16 killed and more than 150 injured.
According to the intelligence community, it is ‘likely’ the twisted terror group has begun a recruiting campaign in Spain since the attack as it was the most recent high-profile assault in Western Europe.
Regional Director of Intelligence at MAX Security Solutions, Oliver Wiltshire told The Sun Online: “This message stands as proof of the continuing power of the Islamic State ideology among radicals in Europe and the group’s popularity in Spain, despite losses in previous areas of operation.
“There appears to be an imminent threat of lone wolf attacks coming from locally radicalised individuals in the country, and particularly in Barcelona.”
- HAMMING IT UP: Andalucia’s award-winning jamon stars at Oscars after-party - 23 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- Woody Allen to film new project across Spain after securing financing from Spanish company despite sexual abuse allegations which saw him dumped by Amazon - 22 Feb, 2019 @ 11:28
- WATCH: Two elderly women caught on camera stealing outdoor furniture from British expat’s bar in Mallorca as police drive by - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 17:46
- FREAK FEBRUARY: ‘Anti-cyclone’ scorcher to see temperatures soar to 28C in Spain’s Andalucia this weekend - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 11:06
- British girl, 9, dies on Spain’s Costa del Sol ‘after eating ice cream’ - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 09:03
- WATCH: ANOTHER Marbella chiringuito burned to the ground - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 16:47
- BREXIT UPDATE: Spain offers further assurances to British expats after meeting with campaigners - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:21
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33