Propaganda group Muharir al-Ansar shared a poster online calling for followers to carry out jihad.
The image shows the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona and said those without weapons should use a vehicle or knife.
It reads: “If you don’t have a weapon, you have a truck or knife.”
It comes seven months after the shocking attacks in Barcelona saw 16 killed and more than 150 injured.
According to the intelligence community, it is ‘likely’ the twisted terror group has begun a recruiting campaign in Spain since the attack as it was the most recent high-profile assault in Western Europe.
Regional Director of Intelligence at MAX Security Solutions, Oliver Wiltshire told The Sun Online: “This message stands as proof of the continuing power of the Islamic State ideology among radicals in Europe and the group’s popularity in Spain, despite losses in previous areas of operation.
“There appears to be an imminent threat of lone wolf attacks coming from locally radicalised individuals in the country, and particularly in Barcelona.”
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26