THE body of a missing eight-year-old boy has been found in the boot of a car.
Gabriel Ruiz, who vanished more than a week ago, was found in the boot of his father’s girlfriend’s car.
She has been arrested as the investigation continues.
The Guardia Civil arrested her as she was transporting the corpse of the small boy in the trunk of her car.
As she was arrested she shouted out: “it wasn’t me. I only got the car this morning.” She was told in turn to: ‘shut up’ by a policeman.
Interior minister Ignacio Zoido has already told the parents of the child of his deep pain and shock.
He has also asked the media not to ‘hinder’ the work of police as ‘we are in the crucial hours of investigation.’
He also asked that no hoaxes or fake reports be issued.
The body was found at around 2pm today after more than a weeks search involving around 700 volunteers.
The story went viral on social media soon after he disappeared last Tuesday, with users posting pictures and drawings of fish in support.
Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy offered his condolences on Twitter, saying: “I share with all Spaniards the pain for the loss of Gabriel, MR, #TodosSomosGabriel.”
Cristina Cifuentes, president of the Community of Madrid, has also shared her condolences to the family through the same social network.
It comes a week after clothing containing DNA of Gabriel Cruz was found 10km from his hometown Nijar, in Almeria.
It was found by the boy’s father and his partner on Saturday next to a treatment plant near Barranco de Las Aguilas, in Las Negras, Nijar.
The investigation continues.
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33