THE stepmother of Gabriel Cruz claimed she killed the boy with an axe in self defence.
Ana Julia Quezada, the only prime suspect in the case, claims the boy got in her car and was planning to help her paint the house on a family estate in nearby Rodalquillar that the boy’s father was renovating.
The expat claims once they were there, Gabriel became angry with her and attacked her with an axe.
She claims she managed to get it off him and hit him with the blunt end of the tool, knocking him unconscious.
She strangled him in a state of panic, before taking off his clothes and burying the body.
The alleged murder weapon has yet to be found, despite police searching for it.
They have now found the clothes which she dumped in a bin some 30km away from the murder scene.
A judge heading the case in Almeria still has unanswered questions.
He will want to know why the property where the boy was killed was not inspected earlier and whether or not Quezada took him there with the intent to murder him.
She will be handed over to the justice system today.
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40