A MUCH-LOVED British expat died suddenly yesterday near his music venue on the Costa del Sol.
Police and paramedics rushed to the scene near Ringo’s bar in Sabinillas, Manilva, yesterday when Jeffrey ‘Jiff’ Turner collapsed at around 4.30pm.
Tributes have been pouring in on social media while his exact cause of death has not yet been revealed – although Guardia Civil confirmed to the Olive Press that he died of natural causes.
Radio Mix 106 said: “We would like to dedicate today’s breakfast show to Jeffrey ‘Jiff’ Turner who sadly passed away yesterday.
“Jiff was a big friend to the music scene on the Coast, for years booking acts for a number of venues before finally achieving his dream of opening his own venue at Ringo’s Bar and Cavern Club.
“Jiff will be sadly missed by everyone who knew him and counted on him as a friend.”
One friend wrote: “My lovely friend rest in peace my friend, love you and will miss chatting to you.”
Others have praised him for promoting and booking local talent at his bar.
“Very sad news, a real man of Sabi, a true character and loyal supporter of the Sabi community and did a lot to promote local talent through his many shows. RIP Jiff,” one wrote.
Another said: “RIP big man, my first contact in Duquesa over 25 years ago. A true gentleman.”
- ‘Paedo’ football coach facing 100 YEARS behind bars for allegedly abusing 25 children in British expat hotspot near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 16:12
- WATCH: Russian-backed ‘Mansions of Banus’ development part of €200 million portfolio penned for Marbella and Costa del Sol - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 15:20
- British man dies after falling off pedalo in Spain despite green flags indicating sea was safe - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 12:33
- UNEARTHED: First Roman olive oil press EVER on Spain’s Costa del Sol as huge archaeology park planned - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 12:17
- British sex pest arrested in Marbella for harassing young woman with barrage of sexually explicit messages - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 11:54
- Boy, 8, dies in Spain after choking on hot dog during San Juan celebrations - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 11:30
- WATCH: Expat gives hilarious guide for boozy Brits heading to Marbella (WARNING: Not for the easily offended) - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 11:02
- SHAMEFUL: ‘Racist’ effigy mocking migrants shocks expats and locals ahead of San Juan celebrations on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 10:42
- OPINION: The Junta de Andalucia’s budgets which benefit residents are a welcome sight after decades of corruption - 23 Jun, 2019 @ 11:44
- Report warns 20% of Spain’s olive farms could disappear within a decade - 22 Jun, 2019 @ 15:05