IT is the biggest cruise liner in the world.
And it is about to make its inaugural voyage to Malaga!
Dubbed as ‘the ultimate playground for guests of all ages’, Symphony of the Seas is set to be shown off to the world’s press in the city on March 27.
Boasting 18 decks, cabins to sleep 8,000 travellers and a staggering 20 different restaurants, it has cost over a €1 billion to build.
The main body of the 1,188-foot-long ship, owned by Royal Caribbean, was completed last year and its interiors have now been almost completely kitted out.
Weighing in at 228-tons, it is set to set sail from Saint Nazaire shipyard in France in two weeks.
As well as the record number of restaurants, it counts on six bars, including one where you get served by robots.
There is also an ice rink, dancefloor, zip wire, mini golf course, climbing walls and a surf simulator.
For kids there are 23 pools and a series of waterslides, one the biggest on any ship at sea.
From November, the ship will make Florida, her year-round home, taking holidaymakers on seven-night Caribbean voyages.
Royal Caribbean’s boss Michael Bayley said: “Symphony of the Seas will offer some new surprises for our guests to create a holiday that adventurers of all ages can enjoy together.
“Symphony will introduce the most cutting-edge, customisable, and digitally-enhanced experiences in the Royal Caribbean fleet.’
- Why the friendly team at Edwards Estates find selling in Frigiliana a breeze - 26 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- What are the betting odds for Brexit - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 09:45
- 11 Reasons Why Over 75,000 International Students Choose to Study in Spain - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 19:05
- Out of this world: ‘Green Spaceship’ to dock in Madrid - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:24
- After a five-year period of sustained growth, there is a change in the air in Marbella, reports Diana Morales Properties - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- Rule-breaking Madrid design firm gives grunge office block some colour therapy - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 18:52
- The latest mega-development for Gibraltar has all the signs of being a big hit with investors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:43
- Madrid architects take centre stage with their dramatic conversion of a historic playhouse - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:25
- BBQ King: Ingenious pellet stove barbecues are a dream come true for cooking outdoors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:09
- Famous British businessman and Premier League football star flock to new Benahavis development - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:08