POLICE in Spain have refused to reveal the identity of the ‘hottest cop ever’.
It comes after a tweet by the Guardia Civil went viral on Sunday.
Aunque por fuera nos veas vestidos de uniforme por dentro no somos diferentes a ti
Trabajamos por tu libertad y seguridad
Si nos necesitas llama???? 062 pic.twitter.com/SxkA9JgG3m
— Guardia Civil (@guardiacivil) April 15, 2018
It has been liked by more than 11,000 Twitter users and retweeted more than 3,000 times.
A spokeswoman from Guardia Civil headquarters in Madrid told the Olive Press: “We have been inundated with calls about the police officer in question.
“After holding a meeting we have decided to not reveal the identity of the officer.”
She added that dozens of newspapers and media outlets had been in touch in a bid to track down the chiselled cop.
The police force tweeted the picture of the handsome officer with a message for its populace.
“Although from the outside you see us dressed in uniform, inside we are not different from you,” the tweet read.
“We work for your freedom and safety.
“If you need us, call 062.”
Have you seen this policeman? Get in touch at [email protected] or call the news team on 951 273 575.
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26
- BREAKING: Barack Obama will be in Marbella TOMORROW for secret meeting at luxury hotel - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:50
- IN PICS: Game of Thrones stars party it up in Spain’s Benidorm for Sophie Turner’s hen do ahead of ‘official’ marriage to Joe Jonas - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:20
- Gibraltar police fuming after rumours ‘falsely claim’ drunk off duty officer started late night brawl at Pig & Whistle pub - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:45
- How a gang sold more than €1.5 million of drugs EVERY WEEK with the help of a Breaking Bad-style family in Cadiz – and how they spent it on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:13