A YOUNG woman has died in a traffic accident in the early hours of the morning in Gibraltar today.
The 24-year-old was reportedly riding a motorcycle at the time of the incident, which took place on Europa Road.
The Royal Gibraltar Police (RGP) is currently investigating the circumstances of the accident.
A Traffic Accident Investigator attended the scene and HM Coroner has been informed.
Traffic has now been restored in the area.
The RGP is urging anyone who was in the areas around Loreto Convent School and Brympton Estate between the hours of 02.30am to 03.30am to come forward.
If you have any information contact the RGP Duty Officer at New Mole House Police Station by calling 200 72500.
- SHOP TO THE TOP: How did new Andalucia leader Juanma Moreno go from green grocer’s assistant to Junta boss? - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 12:00
- CANDY CRUSH: 400 of biggest brands in Spain set for huge sugar tax in bid to improve health - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- British aristocrat ‘entirely unaware’ he had 7th century Spanish ornaments rotting away in back garden - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Spain will AGAIN fight for shared sovereignty over Gibraltar after Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 20:45
- British pensioners in Spain to lose free healthcare under no-deal Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 18:06
- Why the ancient Treasure of Guarrazar was ditched in a field in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Pioneering surgery performed on ‘inoperable’ patient with pancreatic cancer in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- HEROES: These are the eight specialist miners working round-the-clock to rescue little Julen in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:50
- Rescuers resume digging to reach little Julen after completing fourth controlled explosion in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:02
- JULEN UPDATE: Two hours before miners in Malaga can resume digging - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 21:03