THE Guardia Civil’s social media team probably bit off more than they could chew after their ‘hot cop’ tweet went viral this week.
What started as an innocent message to encourage citizens to call the 062 number soon turned into a nationwide manhunt.
Aunque por fuera nos veas vestidos de uniforme por dentro no somos diferentes a ti
Trabajamos por tu libertad y seguridad
Si nos necesitas llama???? 062 pic.twitter.com/SxkA9JgG3m
— Guardia Civil (@guardiacivil) April 15, 2018
The handsome officer pictured in the tweet stole the hearts of thousands and it soon became one of the police force’s most liked tweets ever, with more than 11,000 and counting.
But the yet to be identified agent (we’re working on it!) is not the first chiselled cop to go viral. Below we’ve rounded up the top law enforcers in Spain worth getting arrested for.
You’ve probably seen him before, he is the original viral ‘hot policeman’. The Policia Nacional agent has stolen the hearts of hundreds of thousands over the years and has been the subject of countless memes comparing ‘hot Spanish police’ to the stereotypical overweight British cop. And while I’m all for gun control, I’d love to see those two in action.
This handsome devil couldn’t resist taking a quick selfie before busting a drug trafficking ring or probably arresting a corrupt mayor, and looking damn good while doing it.
If only all police in Spain were as good at taking selfies as they are at solving crime…
This well groomed law enforcer doesn’t mind getting wet to get the job done.
This double act mean business!
Okay, I’m sure this is just an awkwardly timed photo…
Need a ride? This officer knows how to take the driver’s seat
I hope he knows how to use that weapon! (It’s actually Spanish actor Ruben Cortada in the TV series Olmos y Roblos, but pretty convincing if you ask me…)
Is volunteering for a frisk search a thing yet?
Policemen taking a selfie with a puppy, what more could you want?
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22