ANDALUCIA has been granted €35,670,000 by Madrid to clean up its beaches.
It comes after the likes of Storm Emma left the coastline from Huelva to Malaga with serious damage.
Malaga province will receive €2,550,000 from the Madrid aid, which will bring in sand to add to eroded beaches and repair damages in facilities and infrastructures.
The beaches receiving cleanup jobs are Manilva, Casares, Estepona, Marbella, Mijas, Fuengirola, Benalmádena, Torremolinos, Málaga, Rincón de la Victoria, Vélez-Málaga, Algarrobo, Torrox and Nerja.
Cadiz, meanwhile, will receive a whopping €20 million following a significant loss of sand and the destruction of facilities and infrastructure.
The emergency works will cover 67 beaches in 16 municipalities: Sanlúcar de Barrameda, Chipiona, Puerto de Santa Maria, Rota, Puerto Real, Cadiz, San Fernando, Chiclana, Conil, Vejer de la Frontera, Barbate, Tarifa, Algeciras, Los Barrios, La Linea de la Concepción and San Roque.
In total, it will cover 40 kilometers of coastline.
The funds will repair breakwaters and damaged dams, recovery of the dune system, replacement of access to beaches and repair of promenades and other infrastructures, among others.
- OPINION: Justice at last! - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 04:39
- SIMPLY THE REST: Driving through Spain this summer? Here are the best boutique hotels to stop at en route - 20 Jul, 2019 @ 09:05
- Expat Marbella couple held in prison on drug and money laundering charges ‘may have links to Finland’s Hells Angels’ as more details emerge - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 15:13
- IN THE NICK OF TIME: Irish man arrested at Malaga airport check-in desk donning €28,000 Rolex he reported as robbed in Marbella a day earlier - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:41
- Expat stumbles upon TWO sets of human remains on Spain’s Costa del Sol during morning stroll - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:15
- Conservative deputy mayor arrested after police find HUNDREDS of marijuana plants growing in his home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:13
- Expat Marbella restaurant owner and bikini-model girlfriend arrested on money laundering and drug charges as Costa del Sol home raided - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:09
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27