ANDALUCIA has been granted €35,670,000 by Madrid to clean up its beaches.
It comes after the likes of Storm Emma left the coastline from Huelva to Malaga with serious damage.
Malaga province will receive €2,550,000 from the Madrid aid, which will bring in sand to add to eroded beaches and repair damages in facilities and infrastructures.
The beaches receiving cleanup jobs are Manilva, Casares, Estepona, Marbella, Mijas, Fuengirola, Benalmádena, Torremolinos, Málaga, Rincón de la Victoria, Vélez-Málaga, Algarrobo, Torrox and Nerja.
Cadiz, meanwhile, will receive a whopping €20 million following a significant loss of sand and the destruction of facilities and infrastructure.
The emergency works will cover 67 beaches in 16 municipalities: Sanlúcar de Barrameda, Chipiona, Puerto de Santa Maria, Rota, Puerto Real, Cadiz, San Fernando, Chiclana, Conil, Vejer de la Frontera, Barbate, Tarifa, Algeciras, Los Barrios, La Linea de la Concepción and San Roque.
In total, it will cover 40 kilometers of coastline.
The funds will repair breakwaters and damaged dams, recovery of the dune system, replacement of access to beaches and repair of promenades and other infrastructures, among others.
- HAMMING IT UP: Andalucia’s award-winning jamon stars at Oscars after-party - 23 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- Woody Allen to film new project across Spain after securing financing from Spanish company despite sexual abuse allegations which saw him dumped by Amazon - 22 Feb, 2019 @ 11:28
- WATCH: Two elderly women caught on camera stealing outdoor furniture from British expat’s bar in Mallorca as police drive by - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 17:46
- FREAK FEBRUARY: ‘Anti-cyclone’ scorcher to see temperatures soar to 28C in Spain’s Andalucia this weekend - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 11:06
- British girl, 9, dies on Spain’s Costa del Sol ‘after eating ice cream’ - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 09:03
- WATCH: ANOTHER Marbella chiringuito burned to the ground - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 16:47
- BREXIT UPDATE: Spain offers further assurances to British expats after meeting with campaigners - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:21
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33