ANDALUCIA has been granted €35,670,000 by Madrid to clean up its beaches.
It comes after the likes of Storm Emma left the coastline from Huelva to Malaga with serious damage.
Malaga province will receive €2,550,000 from the Madrid aid, which will bring in sand to add to eroded beaches and repair damages in facilities and infrastructures.
The beaches receiving cleanup jobs are Manilva, Casares, Estepona, Marbella, Mijas, Fuengirola, Benalmádena, Torremolinos, Málaga, Rincón de la Victoria, Vélez-Málaga, Algarrobo, Torrox and Nerja.
Cadiz, meanwhile, will receive a whopping €20 million following a significant loss of sand and the destruction of facilities and infrastructure.
The emergency works will cover 67 beaches in 16 municipalities: Sanlúcar de Barrameda, Chipiona, Puerto de Santa Maria, Rota, Puerto Real, Cadiz, San Fernando, Chiclana, Conil, Vejer de la Frontera, Barbate, Tarifa, Algeciras, Los Barrios, La Linea de la Concepción and San Roque.
In total, it will cover 40 kilometers of coastline.
The funds will repair breakwaters and damaged dams, recovery of the dune system, replacement of access to beaches and repair of promenades and other infrastructures, among others.
- Expats rally around British pensioner made homeless on Spain’s Costa del Sol as alleged ‘squatter tenants’ speak out - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 20:32
- British expats and locals FUMING as celebrity chef Dani Garcia’s chiringuito gets go ahead on protected land in southern Spain - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 12:16
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09