A GUARDIA Civil officer was caught attempting to drink drive after stumbling out of a bar in Cadiz yesterday.
Policia Local were alerted by locals after he was seen trying to get behind the wheel of his police car, while showing clear signs of intoxication.
The Guardia Civil are currently investigating the captain of the maritime authority in Cadiz for serious misconduct and have confirmed he will be suspended.
La Guardia Civil abre expediente por presunta falta grave y cesa en sus funciones a un Capitán tras protagonizar un incidente en #Cádiz encontrándose fuera de servicio, en estado ebrio y vistiendo su uniforme reglamentario. pic.twitter.com/4AWqKzNzJX
— Guardia Civil ???????? (@guardiacivil) May 9, 2018
Locals filmed the incident on their mobiles in which the captain, who was wearing his uniform, can be seen drunkenly falling over.
After punters stopped him from getting in the car the official was taken to the local police station, where he was breathalysed and found to be more than seven times over the limit.
He was reportedly off duty when the incident occurred but was recognisable by his uniform and official Guardia Civil car.
- SHOP TO THE TOP: How did new Andalucia leader Juanma Moreno go from green grocer’s assistant to Junta boss? - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 12:00
- CANDY CRUSH: 400 of biggest brands in Spain set for huge sugar tax in bid to improve health - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- British aristocrat ‘entirely unaware’ he had 7th century Spanish ornaments rotting away in back garden - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Spain will AGAIN fight for shared sovereignty over Gibraltar after Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 20:45
- British pensioners in Spain to lose free healthcare under no-deal Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 18:06
- Why the ancient Treasure of Guarrazar was ditched in a field in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Pioneering surgery performed on ‘inoperable’ patient with pancreatic cancer in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- HEROES: These are the eight specialist miners working round-the-clock to rescue little Julen in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:50
- Rescuers resume digging to reach little Julen after completing fourth controlled explosion in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:02
- JULEN UPDATE: Two hours before miners in Malaga can resume digging - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 21:03