A 20-YEAR-OLD Irish tourist has been found dead after he fell 65 feet from an apartment balcony in Magaluf.
Thomas Owen Hughes arrived in Mallorca on Saturday after celebrating his birthday two weeks ago.
His body was found outside an apartment block at Eden Roc hotel at 11am the next morning, after a local resident called emergency services, reported The Sun.
Paramedics were unable to revive him and he was pronounced dead at the scene, before authorities took his body away at 1.30pm.
Reportedly, the young holidaymaker was staying at a nearby hotel and it is unclear why he was at Eden Roc.
Sources say it is too early to conclude what happened and a police investigation has been launched.
An autopsy is expected to be carried out tomorrow in Palma.
It comes after 19-year-old Scot, Natalie Cormack, who had been working in Magaluf, was found dead at the same apartment block in April.
Officials said she had lost her balance after trying to get into her neighbour’s flat and didn’t have her key.
- SHOP TO THE TOP: How did new Andalucia leader Juanma Moreno go from green grocer’s assistant to Junta boss? - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 12:00
- CANDY CRUSH: 400 of biggest brands in Spain set for huge sugar tax in bid to improve health - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- British aristocrat ‘entirely unaware’ he had 7th century Spanish ornaments rotting away in back garden - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Spain will AGAIN fight for shared sovereignty over Gibraltar after Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 20:45
- British pensioners in Spain to lose free healthcare under no-deal Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 18:06
- Why the ancient Treasure of Guarrazar was ditched in a field in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Pioneering surgery performed on ‘inoperable’ patient with pancreatic cancer in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- HEROES: These are the eight specialist miners working round-the-clock to rescue little Julen in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:50
- Rescuers resume digging to reach little Julen after completing fourth controlled explosion in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:02
- JULEN UPDATE: Two hours before miners in Malaga can resume digging - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 21:03