A sharp rise in the numbers of hens and roosters has left visitors crying fowl at La Paloma park, in Benalmadena.
The town hall has confirmed it has received hundreds of complaints from visitors that the chicken population has got out of control.
There are now said to be over 400 birds roaming the park, with some visitors claiming they have completely ‘taken over’.
The actual figure could be much higher, as a lack of an official record makes it impossible to record accurately.
The town hall says the problem has proliferated due to chicken owners dumping their unwanted birds in the park.
Many visitors say the birds, which are susceptible to ticks, fleas and lice, are increasing the risk of infections and diseases, such as bird flu, in the town.
It comes after the budget for park maintenance was cut by €1 million last year.
The town hall has acknowledged the problem as ‘annoying’ and agreed to try to resolve the problem as quickly as possible’.
- HAMMING IT UP: Andalucia’s award-winning jamon stars at Oscars after-party - 23 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- Woody Allen to film new project across Spain after securing financing from Spanish company despite sexual abuse allegations which saw him dumped by Amazon - 22 Feb, 2019 @ 11:28
- WATCH: Two elderly women caught on camera stealing outdoor furniture from British expat’s bar in Mallorca as police drive by - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 17:46
- FREAK FEBRUARY: ‘Anti-cyclone’ scorcher to see temperatures soar to 28C in Spain’s Andalucia this weekend - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 11:06
- British girl, 9, dies on Spain’s Costa del Sol ‘after eating ice cream’ - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 09:03
- WATCH: ANOTHER Marbella chiringuito burned to the ground - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 16:47
- BREXIT UPDATE: Spain offers further assurances to British expats after meeting with campaigners - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:21
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33