A sharp rise in the numbers of hens and roosters has left visitors crying fowl at La Paloma park, in Benalmadena.
The town hall has confirmed it has received hundreds of complaints from visitors that the chicken population has got out of control.
There are now said to be over 400 birds roaming the park, with some visitors claiming they have completely ‘taken over’.
The actual figure could be much higher, as a lack of an official record makes it impossible to record accurately.
The town hall says the problem has proliferated due to chicken owners dumping their unwanted birds in the park.
Many visitors say the birds, which are susceptible to ticks, fleas and lice, are increasing the risk of infections and diseases, such as bird flu, in the town.
It comes after the budget for park maintenance was cut by €1 million last year.
The town hall has acknowledged the problem as ‘annoying’ and agreed to try to resolve the problem as quickly as possible’.
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52