WHEN it comes to spas and Hot Tubs there is not much David can’t tell you.
Mallorca’s top agent for world-leading American company HotSpring Spas, he and his business partner Martin have spent nearly a decade selling and repairing them.
Having arrived on the island 13 years ago, the diving instructor had initially set up a diving business until the recession took a grip on Spain.
Luckily he saw a gap in the market for Hot tubs and, with his technical skills honed back in the UK as a service engineer for vending machines and photocopiers, he knew he would find plenty of work.
“Fault-finding is never a problem for me,” explains the Yorkshireman. “I am pretty good at fixing things and it went from there.”
These days his showroom in Alcudia is full of Hot Tubs ranging in price from €7,000 to €25,000.
Most of them have a five year parts warranty, some have stronger jets, more seats and even music systems included in the price.
“We have installed them all over the island and often have to rent huge cranes to get them into place. It is quite a mission,” he explains.
“They are great. A Hot Tub can extend the season of a rental home for many months and can be used all year. It is a great alternative to a pool.”
A big fan of the north of the island, he can speak reasonable Spanish (‘enough to sell a spa at least’), and spends most of his time with his family.
“I love the north. It is NOT Magaluf. The scenery is great, the mountains are close and it’s great to be so near the water.”
For more information contact [email protected] or call 971 545 377
- Stunning Sarmiento offers a lot more than the best view on the Costa del Sol - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 16:05
- Historic building awards from the Gibraltar Heritage Trust - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 11:16
- Caught live: Massive winner from UK’s most relevant band of the last few decades - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 20:42
- 11 new villages make it onto Spain’s ‘most beautiful’ list - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:40
- FAB FRESCOS: Spain has some of the best, but how many do you recognise? - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 10:51
- Maldonado’s Mijas is like nowhere else says Bill Anderson as just five are running the town council - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Benabola Hotel in Marbella gets a revamped roof terrace ready for the summer season - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- EXPANSION: Pole position as long-running expat agent opens fifth office in central Marbella - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:31
- Using Cryptocurrency as a Major Mode of Payment - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 07:58
- WATCH: Dramatic six-car pile-up blocks Marbella tunnel as Guardia Civil on scene - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:58