The Spanish Civil Guard has stated that the teens from Majorca aged from 18 years old are targeting tourists who appear intoxicated.
They have been spotted in smaller groups of five or six and are scoping the popular bars and clubs on a Friday and Saturday night, specifically targeting the popular Punta Ballena strip.
The gangs are approaching tourists and attempting to steal jewellery, bags & wallets and physically attacking anyone that resists.
Although there are a number of incidences similar during previous summers, the increase this year has been described as a “new phenomenon”.
Locals have been urging the authorities to take more strict action with patrols and heavier fines.
Anyone heading to the popular party town of Magaluf in Majorca has been given warnings to keep vigilant.
- EXPLAINED: The grey skies and punishing hot winds which arrived on Spain’s Costa del Sol today - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 22:06
- Potimarron Message – Fruits from the heart! - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Tai Chi in the river of Happiness with Master Choy - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 13:59
- Two young Brits rescued from ravine after getting lost on Marbella’s La Concha mountain - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 15:57
- That perfect Spanish afternoon can prove more elusive than first thought, writes Lesley Keith - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 12:19
- ‘I will work hard for you’, promises Bill Anderson, the first ever Brit to serve on Mijas Council - 5 Jul, 2019 @ 17:02
- Figuring out your next career move: Where to start from? - 3 Jul, 2019 @ 10:19
- Online Sports Betting in Spain – Where to Play & What’s Legal? - 2 Jul, 2019 @ 09:16
- A secret escape just 10 minutes from the Costa del Sol - 29 Jun, 2019 @ 09:00
- Creative cuisine has finally started to revolutionise the Axarquia and Costa Tropical’s dining scene - 28 Jun, 2019 @ 11:14