Spokesperson for the weather agency Ana Casals said there is ‘no strong climatological signal’ to suggest heat waves or higher temperatures than in previous years.
Another AEMET spokeswoman, Delia Gutiérrez, added: “This summer the forecast is not showing a clear signal, unlike other years when there were signs of a very hot summer ahead.”
Only Catalunya, Valencia and the Balearics are expected to be warmer than usual in the coming months.
There is also, to date, no indication of any impending heatwave.
Last summer was one of the hottest on record, with five heatwaves and temperatures soaring above 40C.
Cordoba in Andalucia reached 46.9C on July 13.
Since 1975 there have only been 10 summers without heatwaves, most recently in 2014, 2010, 2002 and 2000.
The mild prediction comes after the wettest spring in Spain since 1965.
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27