Spokesperson for the weather agency Ana Casals said there is ‘no strong climatological signal’ to suggest heat waves or higher temperatures than in previous years.
Another AEMET spokeswoman, Delia Gutiérrez, added: “This summer the forecast is not showing a clear signal, unlike other years when there were signs of a very hot summer ahead.”
Only Catalunya, Valencia and the Balearics are expected to be warmer than usual in the coming months.
There is also, to date, no indication of any impending heatwave.
Last summer was one of the hottest on record, with five heatwaves and temperatures soaring above 40C.
Cordoba in Andalucia reached 46.9C on July 13.
Since 1975 there have only been 10 summers without heatwaves, most recently in 2014, 2010, 2002 and 2000.
The mild prediction comes after the wettest spring in Spain since 1965.
- OPINION: Justice at last! - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 04:39
- SIMPLY THE REST: Driving through Spain this summer? Here are the best boutique hotels to stop at en route - 20 Jul, 2019 @ 09:05
- Expat Marbella couple held in prison on drug and money laundering charges ‘may have links to Finland’s Hells Angels’ as more details emerge - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 15:13
- IN THE NICK OF TIME: Irish man arrested at Malaga airport check-in desk donning €28,000 Rolex he reported as robbed in Marbella a day earlier - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:41
- Expat stumbles upon TWO sets of human remains on Spain’s Costa del Sol during morning stroll - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:15
- Conservative deputy mayor arrested after police find HUNDREDS of marijuana plants growing in his home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:13
- Expat Marbella restaurant owner and bikini-model girlfriend arrested on money laundering and drug charges as Costa del Sol home raided - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:09
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27