A STRING of hit movies are to be shown with English subtitles at the annual outdoor cinema season this summer.
Cinema a la Fresca begins in Palma’s Parc de la Mar by the cathedral on July 14 with a lineup of 34 films, including Hidden Figures, La La Land, and A Monster Calls.
Many of the films will also be shown in their original version – more this summer than last year.
On July 17, Their Finest starring Bill Nighy kicks off the English movies, followed by 1953 film Kiss Me Kate in English on July 24.
Woody Allen’s Cafe Society is set for July 31, along with a 50-year anniversary special of the Stanley Kubrick classic 2001: A Space Odyssey on August 8, both shown in English.
Maudie starring Sally Hawkins airs in English on August 21, Hell or High Water with Jeff Bridges and Chris Pine on August 28, and finally 2016 Oscar winner Moonlight wraps up the original version films on September 4.
- The most beautiful village in Mallorca has been named - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 10:56
- Gender violence a top priority for New Police Commissioner of the Balearics - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 17:03
- Environmentalists call for huge expansion of the Cabrera National Park - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 15:50
- Promenade promises to create a whole new look for visitors arriving in Palma - 5 Nov, 2018 @ 11:13
- Five dead – including British tourists – and dozens still missing in Mallorca’s biggest flood in decades - 10 Oct, 2018 @ 10:11
- British tourist found floating in Ibiza’s Port of Sant Antoni - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:58
- Young expat starts campaign to raise awareness against balconing in Spain - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:09
- Boat propeller hacks off arm and leg of two young tourists in Spain - 1 Aug, 2018 @ 14:48
- Nit de L’Art and a month long Jazz festival coming to Sa Pobla - 23 Jul, 2018 @ 08:42
- Mallorca has a historic number of employees working on the island - 11 Jul, 2018 @ 12:15