A WOMAN has given birth in the middle of a Madrid street while temperatures reached almost 30 degrees.
Two Policia Nacional officers assisted the 34-year-old who had already gone into labour on Saturday afternoon on a street in the Ciudad Lineal district.
Neighbours called the emergency services after hearing the mother screaming for help.
The emergency services arrived to find her holding her newborn daughter, who was unresponsive, with the umbilical cord still attached.
Paramedics managed to stabilise the mother and baby in the street, before they were sent to the Gregorio Maranon Hospital in Madrid.
- SHOP TO THE TOP: How did new Andalucia leader Juanma Moreno go from green grocer’s assistant to Junta boss? - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 12:00
- CANDY CRUSH: 400 of biggest brands in Spain set for huge sugar tax in bid to improve health - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- British aristocrat ‘entirely unaware’ he had 7th century Spanish ornaments rotting away in back garden - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Spain will AGAIN fight for shared sovereignty over Gibraltar after Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 20:45
- British pensioners in Spain to lose free healthcare under no-deal Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 18:06
- Why the ancient Treasure of Guarrazar was ditched in a field in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Pioneering surgery performed on ‘inoperable’ patient with pancreatic cancer in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- HEROES: These are the eight specialist miners working round-the-clock to rescue little Julen in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:50
- Rescuers resume digging to reach little Julen after completing fourth controlled explosion in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:02
- JULEN UPDATE: Two hours before miners in Malaga can resume digging - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 21:03