THIS is the moment an alleged drug trafficker makes a run for it after crashing his boat on a Costa del Sol beach.
The clip shows the alleged smuggler wash up on shore after being chased out of the water by a low-flying police helicopter.
The dramatic video was taken today on a beach in Sabinillas at around 6pm.
Beachgoers can be seen watching in disbelief as the high speed chase unfolds just metres in front of them.
It is believed two boats were intercepted during what was believed to be a drug drop off.
Police believe the boats were heading to La Duquesa port.
It comes after months of tension between drug smuggling gangs and the authorities in the Campo de Gibraltar and nearby town of La Linea.
The suspected trafficker was arrested within minutes of making a run for it.
He is believed to be local to Sabinillas.
More to follow..
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- Bomb threat in Madrid declared false alarm as workers told they can return to work - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 14:16