A 14-YEAR-OLD Irish boy is in a critical condition after falling from a hotel balcony in Mallorca.
The young teen, whose identity has not been revealed, was rushed to hospital after plunging around 20 feet from a balcony at the Eix Lagotel holiday complex in Playa de Muro, reported the Irish Mirror.
Police revealed the mum was desperately holding onto her son as he dangled from the second floor but she tragically lost her grip.
The incident occurred just after midnight on Wednesday morning.
Guardia Civil officers believe the tragic fall was likely to be a ‘freak accident’ but it is still under investigation.
It is believed the boy is now in a ‘critical’ condition in intensive care at Son Dureta Hospital in Palma.
Sources told the Irish Mirror: “Ambulance workers called to the scene diagnosed a perforated lung and a head injury.”
The teen was reportedly conscious when he was taken to hospital.
- SHOP TO THE TOP: How did new Andalucia leader Juanma Moreno go from green grocer’s assistant to Junta boss? - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 12:00
- CANDY CRUSH: 400 of biggest brands in Spain set for huge sugar tax in bid to improve health - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- British aristocrat ‘entirely unaware’ he had 7th century Spanish ornaments rotting away in back garden - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Spain will AGAIN fight for shared sovereignty over Gibraltar after Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 20:45
- British pensioners in Spain to lose free healthcare under no-deal Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 18:06
- Why the ancient Treasure of Guarrazar was ditched in a field in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Pioneering surgery performed on ‘inoperable’ patient with pancreatic cancer in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- HEROES: These are the eight specialist miners working round-the-clock to rescue little Julen in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:50
- Rescuers resume digging to reach little Julen after completing fourth controlled explosion in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:02
- JULEN UPDATE: Two hours before miners in Malaga can resume digging - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 21:03