Detenido en #Vitoria un presunto terrorista de DAESH.Llevó a cabo reuniones clandestinas en Marruecos supuestamente para cometer atentados.Era conocido por pertenecer a círculos radicales yihadistas en #Algeciras, donde residía. Este es uno de los registros?? #SomosTuPolicía #EstamosPorTi
Geplaatst door Policía Nacional op Dinsdag 7 augustus 2018
A 21-YEAR-OLD has been arrested on suspicion of belonging to twisted terrorist group ISIS.
The Moroccan suspect, who works as a ticket-seller for the ferry from Algeciras to Morocco, is suspected of planning an attack in Spain.
Police say the man had formed a cell in Algeciras with another suspect who was arrested in 2017.
The pair were allegedly planning to indoctrinate and recruit new members while attempting to bring ISIS fighters into the country.
The yet unnamed suspect was picked up in Vitoria in the Basque Country at around 8.30am, where he works in the summer.
An internet cafe in Algeciras and two homes in Vitoria were also raided in the operation.
The man arrested was known for being part of radical jihadist circles in Algeciras, where he usually resides.
The red flag came when he began defending the violent actions of groups like ISIS on social media more than a year ago.
The suspect works in the ticket office, based next to a Repsol garage in Vitoria, during the high season.
But locals had no idea of his violent inclinations and plans to facilitate mass murder.
One petrol station worker said: “They were nice kids, they ate here and we made them pizzas all the time.”
All the while, he was holding secret meetings in Morocco and online to plot terrorist attacks in Spain.
He persuaded one individual to come to Spain ‘using illegal immigration networks’ operating in the Strait of Gibraltar.
Once he landed in Spain, he was promised he would be given the means, both economically and materials-wise, to carry out an attack.
The converted fighter was arrested in Morocco at the end of last year before the plans could be realised.
- ‘Paedo’ football coach facing 100 YEARS behind bars for allegedly abusing 25 children in British expat hotspot near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 16:12
- WATCH: Russian-backed ‘Mansions of Banus’ development part of €200 million portfolio penned for Marbella and Costa del Sol - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 15:20
- British man dies after falling off pedalo in Spain despite green flags indicating sea was safe - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 12:33
- UNEARTHED: First Roman olive oil press EVER on Spain’s Costa del Sol as huge archaeology park planned - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 12:17
- British sex pest arrested in Marbella for harassing young woman with barrage of sexually explicit messages - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 11:54
- Boy, 8, dies in Spain after choking on hot dog during San Juan celebrations - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 11:30
- WATCH: Expat gives hilarious guide for boozy Brits heading to Marbella (WARNING: Not for the easily offended) - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 11:02
- SHAMEFUL: ‘Racist’ effigy mocking migrants shocks expats and locals ahead of San Juan celebrations on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 10:42
- OPINION: The Junta de Andalucia’s budgets which benefit residents are a welcome sight after decades of corruption - 23 Jun, 2019 @ 11:44
- Report warns 20% of Spain’s olive farms could disappear within a decade - 22 Jun, 2019 @ 15:05