Tania González, the Secretary of Education, Culture and Sports of PSOE in Huelva, has expressed her approval of the Junta’s recent action to increase the number of teaching staff for the following school year starting this September.
On August 2, González commended Susana Díaz, the President of the Junta, for “demonstrating continued commitment to improvement in public education.”
The increase of 3,264 teachers comes in hand with the introduction of other policies to uphold the rights of teachers and improve the quality of teaching.
The Junta has also announced that it will reduce school hours to 18 hours per week.
Some 2,339 new teaching positions will be added in secondary education and 365 in vocational training sector next year.
Moreover, 500 positions will open up in primary education.
The growth in teaching staff in the Junta is primarily aimed at strengthening diversity and supporting students with special education needs.
In her statement, González also pointed out that the decision to expand the teaching staff will require an additional annual investment of approximately 133 million euros, which will contribute to the economic recovery in the region by generating more professional jobs.
- Princeton students reveal what it’s really like to work at the Costa del Sol’s Olive Press - 10 Sep, 2018 @ 21:57
- SPAIN’S ROBIN HOODS: Retracing the steps of famous Andalucian bandits who took from the rich and gave to the poor - 8 Sep, 2018 @ 15:00
- Caves of gypsies in Spain’s Sacromonte are home to all wanderers - 21 Aug, 2018 @ 09:00
- Vintage Warfare: Exploring the oldest foods in Madrid and Barcelona - 19 Aug, 2018 @ 17:00
- Visiting the tomb of Franco’s chief executioner in Sevilla, a city imbued with silent history - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 09:00
- PSOE to increase numbers of teachers in Andalucia - 12 Aug, 2018 @ 16:00
- Chelsea pays €71.6 million to Spain’s Athletic Bilbao for Kepa - 8 Aug, 2018 @ 14:38
- Costa del Sol tops the ranking for destinations with the best hotel offers - 2 Aug, 2018 @ 16:51
- Costa del Sol taxi drivers rally against Uber and Cabify - 28 Jul, 2018 @ 10:01
- The best official dog beaches in Spain’s Andalucia and Costa del Sol - 25 Jul, 2018 @ 17:34