16 Aug, 2018 @ 12:39
1 min read

WATCH: Dog reunited with owner after being rescued from ninth floor of smoke-filled apartment block on Costa del Sol

dog rescued

THIS is the heartwarming moment a dog is reunited with its family after being rescued from a Costa del Sol apartment block which caught fire last night.

The dog was heroically saved by firefighters at around 1.30am after being trapped on the ninth floor of the Edificio Maicandil in Sabinillas.

The footage shows a firefighter cladded with a head torch walking the dog out of the building on a lead.

On seeing his owner crouching down to greet him, the dog frantically starts wagging his tail as they’re reunited after the ordeal.

The pet’s owner thanks the firefighter by shaking his hand and putting an arm around him.

It comes after an electrical fire broke out in the maintenance room on the ground floor last night at around 9pm.

Residents were seen on their balconies screaming for help.

Smoke escaped through the door and spread up the staircase, engulfing the entire building in thick, black fumes which could be seen throughout Sabinillas.

A Proteccion Civil officer revealed that the pooch’s family were one of the first to be rescued by firefighters on a crane.

But the scared pet had escaped during the commotion and owners could not find him.

Firefighters set out looking for the dog when inspecting the building and found him some hours later hiding away from the smoke.

No one was injured last night but some residents are believed to have been treated for smoke inhalation.

beach club blaze
Previous Story

WATCH: Iconic chiringuito burns to the ground on Spain’s Malaga coast

stuffed lion
Next Story

SICK STUFF: Malaga police discover stuffed LION being sold for €6,000 online in Spain

Latest from Lead

Go toTop

More From The Olive Press