A POPULAR beach club has burnt to the ground this morning.

 

Bere Bere chiringuito in Torre del Mar has been ‘completely destroyed’ after a fire broke out in the kitchen.

Three firefighters rushed to the scene and were able to put out the flames before 10am.

Me lo acaban de mandar #BEREBERE ardiendo ufffff

Geplaatst door Eugenio Martinez op Donderdag 16 augustus 2018

 

However it was too late for the club, which is known as one of the most popular in Malaga, being ideally located next to high profile events like the Weekend Beach Festival.

The tragedy began when a fryer caught fire in the kitchen.

A guard tried to put it out with an extinguisher but it had spread too quickly.

A small explosion saw the whole building become engulfed in flames.

Thick black smoke could be seen from miles away.

Laurence Dollimore (News Editor)

About Laurence Dollimore (News Editor)

GOT A STORY? Contact me now: [email protected] or call +34 951 273 575. Twitter: @lj_dollimore / @olivepress

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.