A POPULAR beach club has burnt to the ground this morning.
Bere Bere chiringuito in Torre del Mar has been ‘completely destroyed’ after a fire broke out in the kitchen.
Three firefighters rushed to the scene and were able to put out the flames before 10am.
Me lo acaban de mandar #BEREBERE ardiendo ufffff
Geplaatst door Eugenio Martinez op Donderdag 16 augustus 2018
However it was too late for the club, which is known as one of the most popular in Malaga, being ideally located next to high profile events like the Weekend Beach Festival.
The tragedy began when a fryer caught fire in the kitchen.
A guard tried to put it out with an extinguisher but it had spread too quickly.
A small explosion saw the whole building become engulfed in flames.
Thick black smoke could be seen from miles away.
- Manhunt underway after young woman ‘held down and raped in the street’ by ex-boyfriend and pals in Spain’s Sevilla - 23 Jul, 2019 @ 16:49
- Another swimmer dies off beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 23 Jul, 2019 @ 15:22
- British expat pensioner brutally murdered near Spain’s Costa del Sol wanted to move closer to pals in Estepona following husband’s death - 23 Jul, 2019 @ 14:10
- RED ALERT: Warnings across Spain as temperatures to surpass 40C TODAY before scorcher along Costa del Sol on Friday - 23 Jul, 2019 @ 13:22
- British expats in Spain would have ‘strong case’ to sue UK government in case of no-deal Brexit, MP warns - 23 Jul, 2019 @ 12:10
- IN PICS: Luxury lifestyle of Marbella expat couple accused of cocaine trafficking and money laundering as court orders €4 million seizure of assets - 22 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Dead blue whale found floating in Marbella - 22 Jul, 2019 @ 10:39
- OPINION: Justice at last! - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 04:39
- SIMPLY THE REST: Driving through Spain this summer? Here are the best boutique hotels to stop at en route - 20 Jul, 2019 @ 09:05
- Expat Marbella couple held in prison on drug and money laundering charges ‘may have links to Finland’s Hells Angels’ as more details emerge - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 15:13