A POPULAR beach club has burnt to the ground this morning.
Bere Bere chiringuito in Torre del Mar has been ‘completely destroyed’ after a fire broke out in the kitchen.
Three firefighters rushed to the scene and were able to put out the flames before 10am.
Me lo acaban de mandar #BEREBERE ardiendo ufffff
Geplaatst door Eugenio Martinez op Donderdag 16 augustus 2018
However it was too late for the club, which is known as one of the most popular in Malaga, being ideally located next to high profile events like the Weekend Beach Festival.
The tragedy began when a fryer caught fire in the kitchen.
A guard tried to put it out with an extinguisher but it had spread too quickly.
A small explosion saw the whole building become engulfed in flames.
Thick black smoke could be seen from miles away.
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20
- Endangered rhino, lion, hippo and tigers part of more than 200 species found at illegal taxidermist in Spain - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 11:26