A 34-YEAR-OLD man has died after being shot this morning on the Costa del Sol.
The victim was arriving at his home, in the El Campanario urbanisation in Estepona, when he was shot multiple times at around 3.40am.
Residents alerted police and emergency services after they heard gunshots at the apartment complex next to a golf course.
Policia Nacional officers found the man’s lifeless body when they arrived at the scene, which showed numerous gunshot wounds.
His identity has not yet been revealed.
Officials believe the victim was attacked by one person who was waiting for him to arrive home.
Currently the only clue officials have is that the assailant, who covered his face with a balaclava, escaped from the scene on a bicycle.
This is the second incident of its kind to take place on the Costa del Sol in the last 48 hours.
On Friday a Swedish man was killed, while another had been kidnapped and tortured in Mijas.
Neighbours in Mijas alerted officials after they heard a fight break out in an apartment in an urbanisation in the town.
Officers arrived to find two people tied up with numerous gun and stab wounds – one of which died shortly after, while the other was taken to hospital in a critical condition.
Hours later three people aged 20, 24 and 27, also from Sweden, were arrested on suspicion of murder and attempted murder of two people.
They were found heading to the port of Algeciras in a bid to escape to Morocco.
The investigation continues.
- SHOP TO THE TOP: How did new Andalucia leader Juanma Moreno go from green grocer’s assistant to Junta boss? - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 12:00
- CANDY CRUSH: 400 of biggest brands in Spain set for huge sugar tax in bid to improve health - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- British aristocrat ‘entirely unaware’ he had 7th century Spanish ornaments rotting away in back garden - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Spain will AGAIN fight for shared sovereignty over Gibraltar after Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 20:45
- British pensioners in Spain to lose free healthcare under no-deal Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 18:06
- Why the ancient Treasure of Guarrazar was ditched in a field in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Pioneering surgery performed on ‘inoperable’ patient with pancreatic cancer in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- HEROES: These are the eight specialist miners working round-the-clock to rescue little Julen in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:50
- Rescuers resume digging to reach little Julen after completing fourth controlled explosion in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:02
- JULEN UPDATE: Two hours before miners in Malaga can resume digging - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 21:03