AT least three people have been injured after a car mounted a pavement and ploughed into pedestrians in Spain.
A manhunt is underway for the driver after he fled the scene in Casetas, Zaragoza, at around 9.20am.
A 45-year-old and a married older couple are among the injured and have been transferred to hospital, according to local press.
People who saw the crash said the car was driving up to 40mph and that the incident caused a panic in the small town.
Local sources claim two other people in the car were detained shortly afterwards.
It came just hours after a suspected terrorist was shot dead after he entered a police station in Cornella, near Barcelona, just before 6.00am ‘to attack the officers.’
Police sources said the man, a 29-year-old Algerian who lived in the area, had shouted ‘Allahu akbar’ as he entered the station.
Police confirmed they were treating the incident as terror-related.
- IN PICS: The women competing for your vote to be crowned Miss World Malaga on the same day as Spain’s general election - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 09:00
- The Online Gambling Industry in Gibraltar - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 14:10
- Heat and sun returns to Spain’s Costa del Sol from Friday with highs of 24C forecast for next week - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:54
- NOT MOO-VING: Moment stubborn cow causes traffic jam on busy A-7 in southern Spain - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05