AT least three people have been injured after a car mounted a pavement and ploughed into pedestrians in Spain.
A manhunt is underway for the driver after he fled the scene in Casetas, Zaragoza, at around 9.20am.
A 45-year-old and a married older couple are among the injured and have been transferred to hospital, according to local press.
People who saw the crash said the car was driving up to 40mph and that the incident caused a panic in the small town.
Local sources claim two other people in the car were detained shortly afterwards.
It came just hours after a suspected terrorist was shot dead after he entered a police station in Cornella, near Barcelona, just before 6.00am ‘to attack the officers.’
Police sources said the man, a 29-year-old Algerian who lived in the area, had shouted ‘Allahu akbar’ as he entered the station.
Police confirmed they were treating the incident as terror-related.
- PICTURED: ‘Shark’ spotted near swimmers on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:38
- Don’t miss the Bollywood and glitter themed pool parties at Max Beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:42
- EXPLAINED: The grey skies and punishing hot winds which arrived on Spain’s Costa del Sol today - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 22:06
- Potimarron Message – Fruits from the heart! - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Tai Chi in the river of Happiness with Master Choy - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 13:59
- Two young Brits rescued from ravine after getting lost on Marbella’s La Concha mountain - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 15:57
- That perfect Spanish afternoon can prove more elusive than first thought, writes Lesley Keith - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 12:19
- ‘I will work hard for you’, promises Bill Anderson, the first ever Brit to serve on Mijas Council - 5 Jul, 2019 @ 17:02
- Figuring out your next career move: Where to start from? - 3 Jul, 2019 @ 10:19
- Online Sports Betting in Spain – Where to Play & What’s Legal? - 2 Jul, 2019 @ 09:16