A BRITISH woman who was missing for almost seven weeks on the Costa del Sol has been found safe after having all her belongings stolen.
Family have revealed to the Olive Press that Marie McManus, 42, from Manchester – who had not been heard from since July 15 – was found ‘sleeping rough’ in Marbella at the weekend.
Brother Declan McManus, 35, told the Olive Press that his sister had been uncontactable after someone stole her cash, cards, mobile and passport.
“She was sleeping rough after having all her belongings stolen but now hoping for the best… no idea who robbed her.
“I believe that she had a couple of nights in hostels but the most part sleeping on the street,” he added.
Declan added that Marie, who works in hospitality, is now looking for a job on the Costa del Sol.
“We set her up in a hostel for a couple of weeks, gave her money and a phone to keep in touch.
“She’s looking for anything really I think – bar work,” he added.
It comes after relatives flew to Malaga on Thursday night to look for Marie around Fuengirola, Torremolinos, Benalmadena among other areas, in a bid to find Marie who had last been seen at a hotel in Torremolinos on July 8.
But the worried family had heard nothing since a phone conversation with her mother on July 15 and issued an appeal to find Marie.
Declan shared the happy news on Facebook on Friday and wrote: “FOUND HER!!!
“Absolutely overcome with happiness and emotion with all the well wishes from everyone of my family, friends and the share’ees! Words cannot say how we feel! Thank you all so so much”.
Anyone who can offer Marie work please get in touch with the Olive Press through Facebook or by emailing [email protected]
- SHOP TO THE TOP: How did new Andalucia leader Juanma Moreno go from green grocer’s assistant to Junta boss? - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 12:00
- CANDY CRUSH: 400 of biggest brands in Spain set for huge sugar tax in bid to improve health - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- British aristocrat ‘entirely unaware’ he had 7th century Spanish ornaments rotting away in back garden - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Spain will AGAIN fight for shared sovereignty over Gibraltar after Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 20:45
- British pensioners in Spain to lose free healthcare under no-deal Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 18:06
- Why the ancient Treasure of Guarrazar was ditched in a field in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Pioneering surgery performed on ‘inoperable’ patient with pancreatic cancer in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- HEROES: These are the eight specialist miners working round-the-clock to rescue little Julen in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:50
- Rescuers resume digging to reach little Julen after completing fourth controlled explosion in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:02
- JULEN UPDATE: Two hours before miners in Malaga can resume digging - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 21:03