A ‘SICKNESS’ on a Jet2 flight from Spain has caused British passengers to ‘fall ill’ triggering an emergency response.
Ambulances, police and fire brigades were waiting to attend affected travellers when it arrived at Leeds Bradford Airport at 9.45pm on Saturday.
The plane had flown from Reus, near holiday hotspot Salou in Catalunya.
Paramedics described how four passengers were ‘being violently sick to the point where one passed out’ and shut the plane doors to avoid the illness spreading.
Police on the scene believe it to be ‘nothing more than a sickness bug’.
A Jet2 spokesperson said: ‘We can confirm that the crew on board flight LS298 from Reus to Leeds Bradford Airport arranged an ambulance for two passengers who were taken ill.
‘The crew were alerted to a further two, non-associated cases of passengers feeling unwell on board.
‘On arrival, as a precaution they were immediately checked over in the ambulance before heading home.
‘All other passengers disembarked as normal and continued their journeys. The safety and care of our customers is always our first priority.’
- Major Olive Revolution in Georgia - 23 Jul, 2019 @ 16:26
- SLOW TRAVEL: Run down your rev count in Ronda where slow travel is the new mantra - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 09:59
- FILTHY RICH: How the other half live when on holiday in southern Spain, from Saudi Royalty to British prime ministers and American billionaires - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 08:50
- PICTURED: ‘Shark’ spotted near swimmers on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:38
- Don’t miss the Bollywood and glitter themed pool parties at Max Beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:42
- EXPLAINED: The grey skies and punishing hot winds which arrived on Spain’s Costa del Sol today - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 22:06
- Potimarron Message – Fruits from the heart! - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Tai Chi in the river of Happiness with Master Choy - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 13:59
- Two young Brits rescued from ravine after getting lost on Marbella’s La Concha mountain - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 15:57
- That perfect Spanish afternoon can prove more elusive than first thought, writes Lesley Keith - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 12:19