A ‘SICKNESS’ on a Jet2 flight from Spain has caused British passengers to ‘fall ill’ triggering an emergency response.
Ambulances, police and fire brigades were waiting to attend affected travellers when it arrived at Leeds Bradford Airport at 9.45pm on Saturday.
The plane had flown from Reus, near holiday hotspot Salou in Catalunya.
Paramedics described how four passengers were ‘being violently sick to the point where one passed out’ and shut the plane doors to avoid the illness spreading.
Police on the scene believe it to be ‘nothing more than a sickness bug’.
A Jet2 spokesperson said: ‘We can confirm that the crew on board flight LS298 from Reus to Leeds Bradford Airport arranged an ambulance for two passengers who were taken ill.
‘The crew were alerted to a further two, non-associated cases of passengers feeling unwell on board.
‘On arrival, as a precaution they were immediately checked over in the ambulance before heading home.
‘All other passengers disembarked as normal and continued their journeys. The safety and care of our customers is always our first priority.’
- IN PICS: The women competing for your vote to be crowned Miss World Malaga on the same day as Spain’s general election - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 09:00
- The Online Gambling Industry in Gibraltar - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 14:10
- Heat and sun returns to Spain’s Costa del Sol from Friday with highs of 24C forecast for next week - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:54
- NOT MOO-VING: Moment stubborn cow causes traffic jam on busy A-7 in southern Spain - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05