A MAN who was shot to death by police yesterday afternoon was British, it has been revealed.
The unnamed middle-aged man shot at officers as they came to arrest him at the Autosole Aparthotel in Cancelada at around 5pm.
Two pistols were later found in the man’s hotel room.
It is not yet known why the suspect was being arrested but the officers involved are believed to be from a robbery unit.
According to the Sun, cops followed the man back to his hotel from Marbella after becoming suspicious over how he was behaving.
Malaga Policia Nacional said: “Police have had to repel an armed man who shot at them. He has been killed. The matter remains under investigation.”
His name and exact age have yet to be released.
- Stunning Sarmiento offers a lot more than the best view on the Costa del Sol - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 16:05
- Historic building awards from the Gibraltar Heritage Trust - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 11:16
- Caught live: Massive winner from UK’s most relevant band of the last few decades - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 20:42
- 11 new villages make it onto Spain’s ‘most beautiful’ list - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:40
- FAB FRESCOS: Spain has some of the best, but how many do you recognise? - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 10:51
- Maldonado’s Mijas is like nowhere else says Bill Anderson as just five are running the town council - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Benabola Hotel in Marbella gets a revamped roof terrace ready for the summer season - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- EXPANSION: Pole position as long-running expat agent opens fifth office in central Marbella - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:31
- Using Cryptocurrency as a Major Mode of Payment - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 07:58
- WATCH: Dramatic six-car pile-up blocks Marbella tunnel as Guardia Civil on scene - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:58