A VILLA in Mallorca made headline news this month for being the ‘most expensive’ in Spain … although the owners of an even costlier Marbella-listed mansion might have something to say about that.
At a staggering €65 million, it’s one of the many properties across the country that have seen their worth soar as the country’s property market continues to recover.
Our Olive Press property sleuths rounded up some of the most expensive homes in Spain’s hottest locations.
Palma de Mallorca, €65 million
Villa Solitaire in Son Vida, Palma was reported to be the most expensive property in Spain this month at a cool €65 million (although it is still €15 million less than the Marbella-listed property below). On the market with the John Taylor real-estate, it was designed by Italian architect Matteo Thun and has stunning views over Palma Bay.
The 2,300m2 pad has seven bedrooms and six bathrooms, a rooftop terrace with open-air cinema, gym, parking for six cars, a botanical garden, an elevator … we could go on …
Marbella, €80 million
This massive mansion is actually the most expensive in Spain.
Listed with Prime Property Marbella, the 10-bedroom, 17-bathroom giant was built in 2002 and features a swimming pool, garage and enormous garden.
Sitting on an 8000m2 plot, the beachfront home comes complete with a heated pool, bars, cinema and barbecue.
Madrid, €21 million
This sprawling modern home is located in La Finca, reckoned to be the safest residential area in Europe and a favourite among footie stars like Gareth Bale and Zinedine Zidane.
The mansion, west of the centre of Madrid, boasts a home cinema, spa, sauna, massage room, gym, security room, domotics and an independent pavilion for staff.
For sale through Jaime Valcarce Consulting Inmobiliario, you also get indoor and outdoor swimming pools and a nine-car garage.
Sevilla, €13.5 million
Owned by Joanne Hearst Castro, granddaughter of newspaper magnate William Randolph Hearst, this grand 152-hectare estate is just 15 minutes from the centre of Sevilla and offers jaw-dropping views from every corner.
The 15-bedroom cortijo has its own chapel, dressage rings, pool, Andalusian cellar with flamenco tablao and even a private bull ring! It also comes with a horse and carriage collection – including the one Spain’s Infanta Elena rode in to her wedding.
The 3000 m2 property was built in 1929 by Aníbal González before being upgraded in 1999. Sotheby’s is offering it fully-furnished, complete with objets d’art collected from the most exotic corners in the world.
Ibiza, €12.6 million
The perfect party villa on an island that knows how to have fun, with spectacular sea views. Just 10 minutes from Ibiza town and the sandy beach of Talamanca, it’s listed with N.A.R.T. Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH. Recently renovated with spacious surroundings and three separate guest apartments, the infinity saltwater pool has wow factor vistas to Dalt Vila and the hippy island of Formentera.
Cordoba, €2.5 million
A beautiful Moorish mansion three minutes from Cordoba’s city centre, you’ll never have to worry about where to park the car.
Slap-bang in the historic quarter, the patio surrounded by a colonnade of 9th century arches with a Roman fountain at its centre is just one of the wow factors.
All the doors are of hand-carved wood while those leading to the dining room are antique, crafted by monks.
Listed with Sotheby’s, the property is packed with antiques and comes complete with orange and lemon trees and a swimming pool.
- Stunning Sarmiento offers a lot more than the best view on the Costa del Sol - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 16:05
- Historic building awards from the Gibraltar Heritage Trust - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 11:16
- Caught live: Massive winner from UK’s most relevant band of the last few decades - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 20:42
- 11 new villages make it onto Spain’s ‘most beautiful’ list - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:40
- FAB FRESCOS: Spain has some of the best, but how many do you recognise? - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 10:51
- Maldonado’s Mijas is like nowhere else says Bill Anderson as just five are running the town council - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Benabola Hotel in Marbella gets a revamped roof terrace ready for the summer season - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- EXPANSION: Pole position as long-running expat agent opens fifth office in central Marbella - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:31
- Using Cryptocurrency as a Major Mode of Payment - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 07:58
- WATCH: Dramatic six-car pile-up blocks Marbella tunnel as Guardia Civil on scene - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:58