NERJA was hit by a surprise onsalught of rain and hail yesterday which turned the streets into rivers.
In just 15 minutes, 15 litres of water per square metre fell onto the town.
In footage shared on social media, water can be seen gushing along the streets, carrying bins and benches.
The hardest hit areas were the streets surrounding the historic centre.
Dozens of businesses were flooded but there is thought to be no serious property damage.
- Spanish study finds that eating nuts in first trimester of pregnancy improves child brain development - 19 May, 2019 @ 11:00
- JOBS: Marbella’s Starlite Festival looking for 400 workers this summer, find out how to apply here - 14 May, 2019 @ 13:00
- WATCH: Car goes up in flames in Estepona - 13 May, 2019 @ 16:57
- How the British approach to gambling could benefit Spain - 13 May, 2019 @ 14:17
- ABSOLUTE MELTER: Heatwave hits Spain’s Andalucia as temperatures soar to 35C - 11 May, 2019 @ 18:19
- The International Vote is important in Mijas, where a third of the population are foreign, writes Bill Anderson - 11 May, 2019 @ 09:30
- WATCH: Brazen group of men run from boat carrying ‘suspicious’ packages on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 6 May, 2019 @ 20:17
- The Best Casinos in Spain - 6 May, 2019 @ 10:35
- Loraine in Spain - 5 May, 2019 @ 11:58
- Tiger mosquitos on Spain’s Costa del Sol cause surge in holidaying Brits making health insurance claims - 3 May, 2019 @ 15:13