TWO ‘bombs’ have exploded in Marbella this morning.
The explosive devices were set off at around 2am in San Pedro de Alcantara and Benahavis and are believed to have been part of a ‘settling of scores’ between drug traffickers.
There are no injuries at this time but there has been significant damage to property.
The first bomb was planted under or inside a car in Mirador de la Alqueria in Benahavis.
It exploded at around 1am while the house it was next to was set on fire.
Police and firefighters rushed to the scene to put out the flames.
But just a few minutes later, there was a huge fire in San Pedro’s industrial estate.
A boat and around ten cars were caught up in the blaze.
The property affected in both cases belonged to the same victim, meaning they were likely targeted to send a message.
The car used to carry out both attacks, a high-end BMW, was burned down in the Nagueles area very soon after the explosions.
It comes just a week after a drug trafficker was kidnapped off the main street of Estepona by several armed men who opened fire in public, sparking a panic.
The investigation continues.
- One hospitalised as roaring chemical plant fire in San Roque is brought under control - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 20:27
- Gibraltar says ‘no cause for concern’ as toxic smoke from San Roque chemical fire unlikely to affect British territory - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:55
- Firefighters near San Roque chemical fire warn of toxic smoke as Gibraltar government advises residents to CLOSE WINDOWS and doors - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:35
- WATCH: Homes evacuated as huge chemical fire ‘covers cars in ash’ and ‘turns sky dark’ near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:59
- IN VIDEOS: HUGE mushroom cloud of toxic black smoke as fire BLAZES at chemical plant near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:16
- BREAKING: Incident at San Roque oil refinery as flames and smoke billow from plant - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:54
- PLEASE SHARE: British teen launches last-ditch appeal to find dad who vanished from Spain’s Costa Blanca almost 10 years ago - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:34
- Shots fired at mosque in Spain - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:37
- BLUFFING MUFFINS: WARNING as batches of ‘fake gluten and dairy free’ magdalenas across Spain at risk of causing widespread allergic reactions - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:27
- IN PICS: Saudi tycoon’s HUGE €200 million yacht arrives on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 13:59