TWO ‘bombs’ have exploded in Marbella this morning.
The explosive devices were set off at around 2am in San Pedro de Alcantara and Benahavis and are believed to have been part of a ‘settling of scores’ between drug traffickers.
There are no injuries at this time but there has been significant damage to property.
The first bomb was planted under or inside a car in Mirador de la Alqueria in Benahavis.
It exploded at around 1am while the house it was next to was set on fire.
Police and firefighters rushed to the scene to put out the flames.
But just a few minutes later, there was a huge fire in San Pedro’s industrial estate.
A boat and around ten cars were caught up in the blaze.
The property affected in both cases belonged to the same victim, meaning they were likely targeted to send a message.
The car used to carry out both attacks, a high-end BMW, was burned down in the Nagueles area very soon after the explosions.
It comes just a week after a drug trafficker was kidnapped off the main street of Estepona by several armed men who opened fire in public, sparking a panic.
The investigation continues.
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20
- Endangered rhino, lion, hippo and tigers part of more than 200 species found at illegal taxidermist in Spain - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 11:26