TWO ‘bombs’ have exploded in Marbella this morning.
The explosive devices were set off at around 2am in San Pedro de Alcantara and Benahavis and are believed to have been part of a ‘settling of scores’ between drug traffickers.
There are no injuries at this time but there has been significant damage to property.
The first bomb was planted under or inside a car in Mirador de la Alqueria in Benahavis.
It exploded at around 1am while the house it was next to was set on fire.
Police and firefighters rushed to the scene to put out the flames.
But just a few minutes later, there was a huge fire in San Pedro’s industrial estate.
A boat and around ten cars were caught up in the blaze.
The property affected in both cases belonged to the same victim, meaning they were likely targeted to send a message.
The car used to carry out both attacks, a high-end BMW, was burned down in the Nagueles area very soon after the explosions.
It comes just a week after a drug trafficker was kidnapped off the main street of Estepona by several armed men who opened fire in public, sparking a panic.
The investigation continues.
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22