THE Oktoberfest festival at Bar Allioli, in Jimera de Libar, will kick off this Saturday.
Music is planned from 1pm until 11pm and there are three bands playing at the unique hangout by the train station in the pretty mountain town, near Ronda.
Sticky and the Poorboys who played the first festival are reforming especially for this event.
Meanwhile, getting everyone up dancing will be Mitad Doble from Malaga, playing Ska, reggae and Rumbas, while the Coven from Algeciras will play an hour Beatles songs and other rock classics.
Between the bands Jochen Janz will be getting everyone into Oktoberfest mood with typical German beer songs while catering company Dianez will be making sure nobody goes hungry.
Bar Allioli, owned by British expat Paul Darwent and wife Synnove, will be running the bar and there will be at least five draught beers.
On top of this there will be more than 30 different bottled beers available.
Bar Allioli specialises in international beers and in the bar is a small museum with a collection of 600 bottled beers. It always has a big selection available.
On the Sunday there is the Hangover Party, with a sausage BBQ and more music.
The Jake Levinson band are starting their tour of Spain here and closing the afternoon is local band Equis.
The festival attracts people from all over and especially from San Roque and Algeciras as you can arrive on the train and get back easily later.
Manilva town hall also organises a bus excursion.
Further details from [email protected] or 606 692 753
- What are the betting odds for Brexit - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 09:45
- 11 Reasons Why Over 75,000 International Students Choose to Study in Spain - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 19:05
- Out of this world: ‘Green Spaceship’ to dock in Madrid - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:24
- After a five-year period of sustained growth, there is a change in the air in Marbella, reports Diana Morales Properties - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- Rule-breaking Madrid design firm gives grunge office block some colour therapy - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 18:52
- The latest mega-development for Gibraltar has all the signs of being a big hit with investors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:43
- Madrid architects take centre stage with their dramatic conversion of a historic playhouse - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:25
- BBQ King: Ingenious pellet stove barbecues are a dream come true for cooking outdoors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:09
- Famous British businessman and Premier League football star flock to new Benahavis development - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:08
- Barcelona Unesco treasure hosts Scottish cancer charity’s first care centre on the continent - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:47