THE body of the young boy missing after Mallorca’s floods has been found.
This morning emergency teams found Arthur’s body next to the roundabout from Sant Llorenç to Son Carrió, the place his mum performed a dramatic rescue of his sister Ursula.
Arthur Robinson, aged between four and eight, went missing eight days ago during the floods which ravaged Mallorca.
His mum, Joana Lliteras , a 40-year-old pharmacist, died after she plucked her daughter Ursula from their car, which rapidly filled water, saving her life.
German cyclist Daniel Thielk kept Ursula safe, but Joana and Arthur could not be saved.
Arthur’s jacket and backpack were found last week by search and rescue teams and the search has now been widened to the land air and sea.
The family of Arthur and Joana penned an open letter to the media to thank them for their efforts in finding little Arthur.
They said at the time: “Despite the hard times we are going through, struggling with all our strength to overcome the toughest of trials of life; we can not fail to thank all those who continue to look for Arthur untiring.”
In total 13 people have now died in the floods, including a British couple, Antony Green, 77, and his wife Delia, 75.
- KISS AND TELL: From cave mamas to world records, Belinda Beckett chronicles the history of the snog - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Max Beach in Mijas taken over by Costa del Sol restaurant owners Metro Group - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:16
- Franco’s body WILL be dug up just hours after Spain’s Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 16:09
- Hacienda Beach in Estepona makes the perfect summer getaway and here’s why - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:12
- Liverpool players find time for fun on Marbella winter training trip despite ‘no sunlight’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:57
- Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election in Spain for April 28 - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 10:59
- CATALUNYA CRISIS: ‘I am a political prisoner’ says Catalan leader as 12 separatists go on trial in Spain - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 20:48
- ‘I MISS MY BROTHER’: Sister of British expat filmmaker in Spain speaks out after balcony horror plunge puts him in coma - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 18:42
- Spain tourism chiefs call for alcohol ban in airports and say British police ‘have power’ to stop boozing on flights - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:12
- Spain likely to call snap general election as Pedro Sanchez fails to get budget past Parliament - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:17