THE body of the young boy missing after Mallorca’s floods has been found.
This morning emergency teams found Arthur’s body next to the roundabout from Sant Llorenç to Son Carrió, the place his mum performed a dramatic rescue of his sister Ursula.
Arthur Robinson, aged between four and eight, went missing eight days ago during the floods which ravaged Mallorca.
His mum, Joana Lliteras , a 40-year-old pharmacist, died after she plucked her daughter Ursula from their car, which rapidly filled water, saving her life.
German cyclist Daniel Thielk kept Ursula safe, but Joana and Arthur could not be saved.
Arthur’s jacket and backpack were found last week by search and rescue teams and the search has now been widened to the land air and sea.
The family of Arthur and Joana penned an open letter to the media to thank them for their efforts in finding little Arthur.
They said at the time: “Despite the hard times we are going through, struggling with all our strength to overcome the toughest of trials of life; we can not fail to thank all those who continue to look for Arthur untiring.”
In total 13 people have now died in the floods, including a British couple, Antony Green, 77, and his wife Delia, 75.
- Gibraltar’s Chief Minister Fabian Picardo will ‘celebrate’ if Brexit cancelled - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 19:28
- Police investigation as British woman in Spain smashed in head by lorry doors and airlifted to hospital - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 12:59
- British expats in Spain among 100 homeowners to face compulsory purchases of land due to huge pylon network - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 12:04
- ‘Frightening’ moment on Thomas Cook flight to Spain as squishy cat toy explodes in British seven-year-old’s face - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 16:10
- Spain could snatch €1 billion Royal Navy ship contract ahead of British firms despite wargames over Gibraltar - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 12:40
- Gibraltar to install 17 speed bumps on Rock to protect ‘vulnerable’ baby monkeys from drivers - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 13:44
- Number of Brits on Costa del Sol increases for first time since before Brexit - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:14
- Man in Spain arrested over double knife attack at Ryanair check-in desk that saw woman stabbed in ear - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:33
- Tourism companies in Spain outraged at being handed limits on daily beach visitors with some as low as 250 per day - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 16:05
- WATCH: Dramatic moment huge tree smashes into crowd in Spain during Easter event - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 15:15