MARBELLA’S Posidonia Banus restaurant was transformed into Rio’s European Carnival Centre on Saturday.
10 beautiful samba dancers from the Rio 40° group were joined by Brazilian drummers and fashion brand Lisy Fashion Style to light up the revamped restaurant.
A superb selection of Brazilian cuisine was served, including kibe, coxinha, pao queijo, feijoada, moqueca camarao, seabass in maracuja sauce and a a selection of grilled meats.
Creative director of the night, Silvia Korosi Feher said: “Posidonia Banus is going to be the place to be in Puerto Banus for events and shows, as well as breakfast, lunch and dinner.”
The restaurant, which only opened this summer, has ‘big plans’ and Silvia says they have even installed ceiling rigging that will allow them to put on aerial shows.
Istva’n Issovits, who arrived on the Costa del Sol in January, is the owner of Posidonia and said he wants ‘to provide an exceptional cuisine and venue for the people of Marbella.’
He added: “When people leave this place they won’t just have a full stomach, they will have a good feeling of joy.”
Going forward, theme nights are to be the main attraction at Posidonia, which is just off Carretera Nacional N-340, a stone’s throw from Puerto Banus’s glamorous port.
- Spanish navy boat with guns manned in war games with British off Gibraltar for second time in fortnight - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 11:24
- KISS AND TELL: From cave mamas to world records, Belinda Beckett chronicles the history of the snog - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Max Beach in Mijas taken over by Costa del Sol restaurant owners Metro Group - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:16
- Franco’s body WILL be dug up just hours after Spain’s Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 16:09
- Hacienda Beach in Estepona makes the perfect summer getaway and here’s why - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:12
- Liverpool players find time for fun on Marbella winter training trip despite ‘no sunlight’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:57
- Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election in Spain for April 28 - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 10:59
- CATALUNYA CRISIS: ‘I am a political prisoner’ says Catalan leader as 12 separatists go on trial in Spain - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 20:48
- ‘I MISS MY BROTHER’: Sister of British expat filmmaker in Spain speaks out after balcony horror plunge puts him in coma - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 18:42
- Spain tourism chiefs call for alcohol ban in airports and say British police ‘have power’ to stop boozing on flights - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:12