A NEW Netflix series has begun filming 13 episodes in Malaga.
The Vélez-Málaga neighbourhood is the first of several Costa del Sol locations for the Spanish show Toy Boy from Atresmedia, to be broadcast internationally on Netflix.
Fuengirola, Málaga City, Torremolinos, Mijas, Marbella, Estepona and Benalmádena also get a look-in as filming locations, with shooting continuing until May 2019.
One of the buildings filmmakers are transforming in Vélez-Málaga is the El Pósito bulilding, turning the 18th century former grain warehouse into a police station for the show.
Toy Boy’s director Emilio Amaré said the building is ‘like an Andalusian a Norwegian building that has been put in a shaker.’
Him and producer David Jareño said they were keen to keep things ‘Andalucian’ and Amaré added, ‘many people will come to know the recording spaces for the original architecture.’
Even many of Toy Boy’s cast are Andalucian, including the star Jesús Mosquera is Andalucian, a former football player for Antequera, who plays stripper Hugo Beltrán.
Toy Boy is a story of passion, mystery and murder, where a handsome young man must prove his innocence.
Beltrán wakes up after a big night on the town to find himself on a yacht lying next to a burnt corpse.
Between him and his wife Macarena, a promising young lawyer, Beltrán must convince everyone that he is not a murderer.
- WATCH: Spain’s Women’s World Cup dreams end as two penalties hand USA 2-1 victory in France - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 12:32
- This is the ONLY beach in Spain included in the world top 10 - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 11:15
- Two men arrested over sexual assault of young woman who was enjoying Costa del Sol San Juan celebrations - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 08:59
- Costa del Sol to see 10% increase in employment this summer compared to 2018 - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 14:09
- Bin torching epidemic continues in Spain’s Mallorca as police arrest ANOTHER arsonist while damage totals €370,000 - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 13:07
- ‘Heartbroken’ family pay tribute to Irish dad stabbed to death with broken bottles in Costa del Sol pub - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 12:02
- Spanish golfers Garcia and Rahm joined by wealth of British stars at Andalucia Masters on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 23 Jun, 2019 @ 10:30
- RING ROADS AND RUINS: Junta de Andalucia funding motorways, flamenco and sewage in NEW budgets - 23 Jun, 2019 @ 10:00
- OPINION: The news that a British boy’s death in Mallorca ‘could have been prevented’ is both shocking and sad - 21 Jun, 2019 @ 17:12
- British expat arrested after Irishman stabbed to death ‘while urinating’ in pub on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 Jun, 2019 @ 13:53