A NEW Netflix series has begun filming 13 episodes in Malaga.
The Vélez-Málaga neighbourhood is the first of several Costa del Sol locations for the Spanish show Toy Boy from Atresmedia, to be broadcast internationally on Netflix.
Fuengirola, Málaga City, Torremolinos, Mijas, Marbella, Estepona and Benalmádena also get a look-in as filming locations, with shooting continuing until May 2019.
One of the buildings filmmakers are transforming in Vélez-Málaga is the El Pósito bulilding, turning the 18th century former grain warehouse into a police station for the show.
Toy Boy’s director Emilio Amaré said the building is ‘like an Andalusian a Norwegian building that has been put in a shaker.’
Him and producer David Jareño said they were keen to keep things ‘Andalucian’ and Amaré added, ‘many people will come to know the recording spaces for the original architecture.’
Even many of Toy Boy’s cast are Andalucian, including the star Jesús Mosquera is Andalucian, a former football player for Antequera, who plays stripper Hugo Beltrán.
Toy Boy is a story of passion, mystery and murder, where a handsome young man must prove his innocence.
Beltrán wakes up after a big night on the town to find himself on a yacht lying next to a burnt corpse.
Between him and his wife Macarena, a promising young lawyer, Beltrán must convince everyone that he is not a murderer.
- Pedro Sanchez leads tributes to 14-year-old killed in motorcycle race in Spain’s Andalucia - 25 Mar, 2019 @ 11:25
- BREXIT FOOD MAP: Which Spanish produce will be most affected when the UK leaves the EU? - 24 Mar, 2019 @ 09:00
- FIGHT THE POWER: Olive Press launches campaign to stop network of 352 pylons ‘destroying’ Andalucia’s Lecrin Valley and Alpujarras - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 09:00
- British comedy legend Jason Manford to perform in Gibraltar THIS SUMMER for first time ever - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 18:53
- WATCH: Netflix trailer for NEW natural history series narrated by Spain’s Penelope Cruz and David Attenborough - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 12:12
- British woman in Spain arrested over murder of homeless Romanian man with no legs who was strangled and set on fire - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 10:40
- WINDY WEATHER: Parts of Costa del Sol to be battered by gusts of over 70km/h THIS WEEKEND - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 11:03
- ‘HE WAS ALWAYS SMILING’: British baby boy dies suddenly at airport in Spain as family caught flight home from holiday - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 10:28
- British parents reveal son, 6, suffers deafness and rare diabetes after his face was paralysed when arcade machine fell on him on Spain holiday - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 09:43
- WATCH: Matador in Spain flung in air by bull and gored in buttocks before being rushed to hospital for surgery - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 10:33