THIS is the moment rain began pummelling Marbella from the early hours of this morning.
A series of videos shared on social media shows the streets of the town practically turned into rapids.
It comes after much of the coast and Malaga were put on orange alert for rainfall and thunder until midnight tonight.
There have been reports of power cuts and flooding has also occurred in San Pedro de Alcantara.
Locals on Facebook blasted the mayor and town hall for failing to ‘do anything’ to prevent the flooding.
“The only pools Mayor Munoz will leave us with are going to be flooded streets without repaired sanitation,” wrote one popular Facebook group La Voz de Marbella.
The comment refers to recent news that Marbella’s new and highly increased budget will partly be spent on a new competition swimming pool.
Meanwhile, a video from this morning showed a sports centre, which was hosting dozens of children playing sports, having to be evacuated due to water pouring in from the roof.
“This is a shame millionaire mayor,” wrote a local, “And after you and your sports management spent €2 million on the Davis Cup!”
Esto es una #verguanza #AlcaldesaMillonaria !!! Y tú y tú nefasta gestión deportiva gastando más de 2 millones de euros ? en la Copa Davis. #MarbellaNoMereceEsto#AsiNoMuñoz
Geplaatst door La Voz De Marbella op Zondag 18 november 2018
- Brazilian soldier from convoy of President Bolsonaro arrested for smuggling cocaine into Spain’s Sevilla after controversial leader vowed to crack down on drugs - 26 Jun, 2019 @ 12:41
- One hospitalised as roaring chemical plant fire in San Roque is brought under control - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 20:27
- Gibraltar says ‘no cause for concern’ as toxic smoke from San Roque chemical fire unlikely to affect British territory - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:55
- Firefighters near San Roque chemical fire warn of toxic smoke as Gibraltar government advises residents to CLOSE WINDOWS and doors - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:35
- WATCH: Homes evacuated as huge chemical fire ‘covers cars in ash’ and ‘turns sky dark’ near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:59
- IN VIDEOS: HUGE mushroom cloud of toxic black smoke as fire BLAZES at chemical plant near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:16
- BREAKING: Incident at San Roque oil refinery as flames and smoke billow from plant - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:54
- PLEASE SHARE: British teen launches last-ditch appeal to find dad who vanished from Spain’s Costa Blanca almost 10 years ago - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:34
- Shots fired at mosque in Spain - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:37
- BLUFFING MUFFINS: WARNING as batches of ‘fake gluten and dairy free’ magdalenas across Spain at risk of causing widespread allergic reactions - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:27