THIS is the moment rain began pummelling Marbella from the early hours of this morning.
A series of videos shared on social media shows the streets of the town practically turned into rapids.
It comes after much of the coast and Malaga were put on orange alert for rainfall and thunder until midnight tonight.
There have been reports of power cuts and flooding has also occurred in San Pedro de Alcantara.
Locals on Facebook blasted the mayor and town hall for failing to ‘do anything’ to prevent the flooding.
“The only pools Mayor Munoz will leave us with are going to be flooded streets without repaired sanitation,” wrote one popular Facebook group La Voz de Marbella.
The comment refers to recent news that Marbella’s new and highly increased budget will partly be spent on a new competition swimming pool.
Meanwhile, a video from this morning showed a sports centre, which was hosting dozens of children playing sports, having to be evacuated due to water pouring in from the roof.
“This is a shame millionaire mayor,” wrote a local, “And after you and your sports management spent €2 million on the Davis Cup!”
Esto es una #verguanza #AlcaldesaMillonaria !!! Y tú y tú nefasta gestión deportiva gastando más de 2 millones de euros ? en la Copa Davis. #MarbellaNoMereceEsto#AsiNoMuñoz
Geplaatst door La Voz De Marbella op Zondag 18 november 2018
- IN PICS: ‘One million’ march against Brexit in London - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 20:14
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31