A WOMAN from Caerphilly has died as she struggled for breath, just minutes after enjoying dinner with her husband and friends.
Jackie Lee, 57, fell ill one day into her holiday in Benalmadena, where the former nurse died from a suspected heart attack.
After dinner the mother-of-two asked to sit down, before telling her husband Colin, ‘I’m dying. Tell the kids I love them’.
Colin, also from Caerphilly, told The Sun: “She then told me she felt a bit sick and couldn’t breathe. I thought she was having a panic attack.
“Within minutes of that we think she’d passed away. It was devastating.”
The devastated family then had to pay to have Jackie’s body brought back to Wales, and a GoFundMe page they set up to pay for it raised over £10,000 in two days.
Colin said: “Before we went to the supermarket earlier that day Jackie told me she’d forgotten three things: tea bags, a travel plug, and insurance.
“Jackie always made a point of getting insurance as she had a pacemaker, but getting ready for the holiday was a little bit more rushed than normal as we only knew we were going about a week or so earlier.”
Jackie’s funeral will be held on November 23 at Thornhill Crematorium.
- Why the friendly team at Edwards Estates find selling in Frigiliana a breeze - 26 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- What are the betting odds for Brexit - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 09:45
- 11 Reasons Why Over 75,000 International Students Choose to Study in Spain - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 19:05
- Out of this world: ‘Green Spaceship’ to dock in Madrid - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:24
- After a five-year period of sustained growth, there is a change in the air in Marbella, reports Diana Morales Properties - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- Rule-breaking Madrid design firm gives grunge office block some colour therapy - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 18:52
- The latest mega-development for Gibraltar has all the signs of being a big hit with investors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:43
- Madrid architects take centre stage with their dramatic conversion of a historic playhouse - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:25
- BBQ King: Ingenious pellet stove barbecues are a dream come true for cooking outdoors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:09
- Famous British businessman and Premier League football star flock to new Benahavis development - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:08