A WOMAN from Caerphilly has died as she struggled for breath, just minutes after enjoying dinner with her husband and friends.
Jackie Lee, 57, fell ill one day into her holiday in Benalmadena, where the former nurse died from a suspected heart attack.
After dinner the mother-of-two asked to sit down, before telling her husband Colin, ‘I’m dying. Tell the kids I love them’.
Colin, also from Caerphilly, told The Sun: “She then told me she felt a bit sick and couldn’t breathe. I thought she was having a panic attack.
“Within minutes of that we think she’d passed away. It was devastating.”
The devastated family then had to pay to have Jackie’s body brought back to Wales, and a GoFundMe page they set up to pay for it raised over £10,000 in two days.
Colin said: “Before we went to the supermarket earlier that day Jackie told me she’d forgotten three things: tea bags, a travel plug, and insurance.
“Jackie always made a point of getting insurance as she had a pacemaker, but getting ready for the holiday was a little bit more rushed than normal as we only knew we were going about a week or so earlier.”
Jackie’s funeral will be held on November 23 at Thornhill Crematorium.
- Stunning Sarmiento offers a lot more than the best view on the Costa del Sol - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 16:05
- Historic building awards from the Gibraltar Heritage Trust - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 11:16
- Caught live: Massive winner from UK’s most relevant band of the last few decades - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 20:42
- 11 new villages make it onto Spain’s ‘most beautiful’ list - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:40
- FAB FRESCOS: Spain has some of the best, but how many do you recognise? - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 10:51
- Maldonado’s Mijas is like nowhere else says Bill Anderson as just five are running the town council - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Benabola Hotel in Marbella gets a revamped roof terrace ready for the summer season - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- EXPANSION: Pole position as long-running expat agent opens fifth office in central Marbella - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:31
- Using Cryptocurrency as a Major Mode of Payment - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 07:58
- WATCH: Dramatic six-car pile-up blocks Marbella tunnel as Guardia Civil on scene - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:58