AN autopsy of the man shot dead outside his Marbella home on Tuesday has revealed that he was shot more than 20 times with an AK-47.
Also known as a Kalashnikov, the gun has been used by the Soviet military, terrorists and now a gangland murder on the Costa del Sol.
The unidentified 58-year-old Frenchman was gunned down as he entered his garage in the luxury area of Nagueles at around 8.20pm.
Authorities recovered the victim’s body from his home on Calle Pizarra, where he lay in a pool of blood.
Forensics experts at the Institute of Legal Medicine of Malaga then found he had sustained bullet wounds to his head, chest and stomach.
It has now emerged that the victim had a police record for drug and arms trafficking and had been previously arrested as part of an operation against smuggling hash in helicopters.
The killer, believed to be hired by a criminal gang, dumped the weapon in a bin, before speeding away from police on a motorbike.
- Death of British teen in Spain who was third to die at same apartment block ‘could have been prevented’ - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 13:38
- OH MY GOGH: Gun Van Gogh ‘killed himself with’ to be auctioned off while southern Spain tour of his work continues - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 12:30
- CASTING CALL: Netflix needs male and female extras in Spain’s Andalucia for new drama series - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 10:57
- POSH: Brits Victoria and David Beckham jet into Spain’s Andalucia for celeb wedding of year catered for by Dani Garcia - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 16:54
- WATCH: Shocking moment bullring volunteer in Spain gored to death in front of 2,000 fans as bull ran back into pen - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 12:52
- Facial recognition cameras installed at Gibraltar Airport - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00
- UK Government denies issuing ‘fresh warning’ of terror threat in Spain - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:34
- UK primary school hires convicted CHILD KILLER from Spain’s Andalucia who stabbed schoolgirl victim 32 times - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:44
- REVEALED: These countries made the most asylum applications to Spain so far this year - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:20
- PALM BEACH: The curious pop history of the Costa del Sol’s most famous chiringuito freshly refurbished for summer - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00